Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Pics of 4th gens without roof rack

TOOK IT OFF MYSELF, THE PICTURES IN THE LINK ABOVE ^ THAT "Lucas2009" SHOWED YOU ARE FROM ME.
  2. T

Pics of 4th gens without roof rack

HERE'S SOME PICS FROM LAST SUMMER, I HAVE CHANGED RIMS SINCE THEN,
  3. T

2006 explorer w/mustang bullits/tire clearence

These are blue, and exact same part # on the back. I also have a set off a 08' Crown Vic. Police Intercepter and they are blue with matching #'s. I had a set of Mountaineer rims on before with the same sensor's, I do take a fairly large magnet and run across sensor's a couple time's before...
  4. T

Update on bullit rims I picked up a set of 09' mustang bullit rims (05 thru 09 are the same) w/tpms, 17x8 45mm offset 6.295"backspacing, mounted 275/55-17, ended up with 1/4" between inside front tire and upper control arm. I'm staying with this set up. Going to sell the set of pre-2004 bullits...
  5. T

So i picked up a set of 2003 mustang gt bullit rim's, 17x8, 30mm offset, 5.72" backspacing. Mounted 275/55-17 general hts tire's on. These tire's are the same height as stock (235/70-16) just wider. So what i ended up with is exactly 3/4" between front inside tire and upper control arm/ball...
  6. T

Size up on the tires 18"s

265/65-18 I've been running 265/60-18 most of the summer now, no problem's, i like the width but they are a little tall, the speedo is off by 3 mph. I did get them used so i thought i'd try them, they'll be coming off in a couple months to put stocker's back on for winter ( i have 2 set's of...
  7. T

any updates on lowering our explorer?

Check out my post in modifide 2006 + newer explorer "new mods to our 06' explorer", or check w/ mike at "eaton detroit spring" (detroit), i got a online quote on drop springs for $190 a pr. I have not looked into it any more sence then, but for around $400 it sounds reasonable enough.
  8. T

18" Chrome Stock Explorer Eddie Bauer Rims where to get?

18" Rims I've got a set of 18" mountaineer rim's w/factory tpms sensor's that I am going to be selling soon, $400 for complete set, plus shipping. I'd maybe trade for a set of 17"s also. I'm looking for a set of Mustang bullitt rims.
  9. T

Lookin for suggestions.

Try this :)http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=267134
  10. T

I want to boil my rear tires but auto4wd won't let me?

Thats one advantage of a 2-wheel drive V-8 Explorer, just turn the traction control off and your good to go :burnout:
  11. T

How do you get the roof rack rails off?

check out " how to remove / replace roof rack " in stock section
  12. T

New mods on our 06' explorer

look at post " how to remove roof rack " in stock section!
  13. T

How to remove & replace roof rack?

here's some pic's, the end cap's need to be lifted up just a little then away from rack, the center you just take out the torx screw heres the little caps i found at lowes to cover screws
  14. T

good larger tire size for stock 17 inch rims?

they would be about 3/4" wider. 2" taller, and like said "speedo would be off 4 mph", good luck
  15. T

Best tires?

the 245/60-18 is shorter then the 235/65-18 tire, your speedo would be reading about 1 mph faster then your going, as for width w/stock rims 265/60-18 is about as wide as you can go!:us:
  16. T

TPMS on 4th Generation

Ive seen the blue oem sensors and bands on e-bay for fairly cheap, also one note, im using oem sensors off a 06 mounty on my 06 explor and never had to reset anything.
  17. T

Thanks for comments, these rims were not my first choice but i got them dirt cheap w/factory sensors on them ($150-set of 4), tires also cheap ($100), so for $250 i can ride all summer and find out if i like the 18" combo before i spend big money on rims/tires, yes i need to get rid of the...
  18. T

Pictures !! SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG TO FIGURE OUT THE POSTING A PICTURE THING! FORGOT TO CHANGE DATE ON CAMERA! THESE ARE CURRENT PICTURES!
  19. T

Lowering options? Anybody lower their 07up?

Drop spring's Check out my post in modifide 2006 + newer explorer "new mods to our 06' explorer", or check w/ mike at "eaton detroit spring" (detroit), i got a online quote on drop springs for $190 a pr. I have not looked into it any more sence then, but for around $400 it sounds reasonable enough.
  20. T

Slow but sure mods are gettin done, i picked up a set of 18" mountaineer rims w/stock tpms sensors, then picked up a nice set of used 265/60-18 michelin lattude tour hp tires, they are 30.5" tall vs stock 29" tall(235/70-16), and a full 2" wider. They look good, ride nice n smooth, handle...
  21. T

What do ya guys think of my winter wheels?

Mustang wheels What is the offset and backspacing on these rim's? ALSO COULD YOU HAVE FIT A 265/60 IN THERE OR WAS THE 255/60 AS BIG AS YOU COULD GO? Thanks
  22. T

18" explor/mounty steel spare

A 17" steel spare rim/tire combo would work also, just want to know how much they go up in weight with each size, thank's
  23. T

18" explor/mounty steel spare

Can anybody out there with 18" wheels "please" weigh their stock 18" steel spare tire/rim combo for me?? Thank you!:)
  24. T

WeatherTech heads up

^^^ that's what i'm talking about, you get what you pay for! ^^^
Back