Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

ABS light on after new FR wheel bearing replacement

My problem was in the aftermarket wheel bearing hubs The spacing and depth on the teeth were not accurate. SPIC
  2. S

02 explorer liftgate will not open

I unlocked my truck this morning with the key FOB and then tried to open the lifgate and it seems to be still locked. I opened the hatch glass and checked the manual lock/unlock switch and it is in the unlock position. I can hear the lock/unlock actuator work with I press the unlock button on...
  3. S

UPDATE!!! I removed the RH side new senor that came with the new wheel hub. I installed the old sensor from the old wheel hub. Took it for a drive and the ABS light blinked once and then right back on. Then I proceeded to change the LH side. I noticed that the old sensor would not fit in the...
  4. S

It seemed to me that it was to coincidental that the ABS light came on right after I changed the front wheel bearing hubs w/new sensors. (By the way it had never came on until after i changed the front wheel bearing hubs) . So last night i unpluged the new sensors and took the old hubs with old...
  5. S

THX,Well all had been just fine until I replaced the front wheel bearing hubs. That is the strange part of it all. Possible a bad sensor in the new hub. I will isolate and report my findings. SPIC
  6. S

First of all great forum! I have searched and found many of the answers to my questions here! Subject 2002 2WD Explorer4.0L XLT AT 182k miles. Upon doing a brake job on the front which included new pads and rotors, I noticed that when you spun the hub it made a grinding sound so I ordered (2)...
Back