Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

bats 88 Bronco II Build Up aka Project Second Chance

So my calculations were correct....sort of. I ordered the 4 1/2 inch Early Bronco springs which ended up being too tall. The TTB drop bracket does have two sets of holes, 4 inch and 6 inch lift and I'm on the 4 inch option. The rear sits nicely so I don't want to play with things too much. My...
  2. B

How to: 1992 Diahatsu Rocky - poor man’s rzr project

Good find! I love love offbeat JDM nuggets like these. Utilitarian, comfortable with minimal mods and dead reliable.
  3. B

I found this chart on The Ranger Station that has spring rates of common lift springs. The Skyjacker 134's have a rate of 480. Free length of 17" and compressed down to 15" with the weight of the truck. Looked through my notes and found the I used the Wild Horses Early Bronco 2 1/2 Inch coils...
  4. B

Currently has the Skyjacker 134S springs so 4 inches. I throw my weight on the hood and it barely compresses even without shocks.
  5. B

It's embarrassing how little travel the front has. Haven't found the right springs for this setup. The early bronco(?) springs I had in there were almost fully compressed at idle and gave the truck a rake. Truck sits nice and level with these stiffies but not too friendly on the kidneys.
  6. B

This week I decided to pick up a new battery. Old one wasn't holding a charge and then it finally boiled itself on the charger. For once I didn't have anything else on the property I could steal a battery from. As always, this turned into a small project but ultimately I got something else...
  7. B

So this happened: Then this: And finally this: Gonna start calling this truck Second Chance because I'm getting a second (or tenth) chance to redo the stupid stuff I did when I was just learning how to wrench. Original manual T-Case rebuild was still complete, sans cracked housing. Really...
  8. B

I had that thread bookmarked. Looks like their solution was essentially a tail with a handle that goes on the shifter. Brilliantly simple. Converting the Electric Transfer Case Shift Motor to Manual I butchered the dash wiring for the push button 4WD so I'd have to run some new wiring if I did...
  9. B

Had some time today to play with the B_astard. Dropped the t-case which is probably okay. I do remember every 1354 I've had making a little slap when you spin it by hand so probably normal. I really do want a manual t-case back in there because I don't feel like crawling under the truck in the...
  10. B

This will probably be my last big post for a bit. Other (fun) obligations require me for a while. Who's ready for another round of good news, bad news? One of the things on my todo list was take care of the firewall leak on the drivers side. Whenever it rained there would be a waterfall down...
  11. B

It lives, it dies, it lives again and boy does it sound mean with open headers! Was feeling ambitious when I got home tonight and finished putting most everything back together. Didn't feel like laying on my back so I'll connect the y-pipes later. Don't think the O2 sensors make a difference...
  12. B

Already heard back from the machine shop. Heads checked out okay. No cracks. Said there was a low spot somewhere likely from reman process so being resurfaced. Should have them back in the next day or two. Taking my time cleaning everything really good and tidying up the engine bay. Goal is to...
  13. B

According to the guy that rebuilt the engine they're reman 95TM heads. Not sure what the condition of the block he started with or if he ever ran this engine. As far as I can remember it was a fresh, zero miles rebuilt. Lost the guy's contact info. Two things stand out about this disassembly...
  14. B

Good news bad news time. Again. I was impatient and took the Bastrd for a romp around the compound. I can really tell the difference with the rear disks. Totally worth it. Even with a spongy pedal. Can't get the parking brake to work even though it feels like levers ARE being pulled. Problem...
  15. B

Sorry I missed that. Something tells me it's a MC for a 95 or 97 Explorer currently in there. Not sure what my logic was but I went through several different ones when messing with the D44 stuff up front.
  16. B

First up is the tab I welded on. The soft lines follow a similar route as a stock one. The wetness is spray paint. It's straighter once it was all finalized. Wheel side of e-brake cable. I was tired last night, okay? The tension bracket I made years ago. Just bent flat stock with two holes...
  17. B

Whoever did the disk brake swap in one weekend, I'd like a word. I'm at three weekends and counting. Breaking down the axle was fine. Shoehorning the Spartan locker pieces in an out while laying upside down was a bear. ECGS backing plates went on nicely. So did the rotors and calipers. Realized...
  18. B

Explorer disks - East Coast Gear Supply
  19. B

I finally got a weekend to myself and patched the frame. Not the prettiest but it'll hold. The crack was in between the rear shock mount bracket so essentially it's braced on both sides. Check that off the list. While pulling the wheel off to get access to the frame I found another issue of...
  20. B

Blinked and it's halfway through summer already. Fired up the little beast for the first time in a over a month. Just needed a little jump and started first crank. Something about those OHV's. It's still probably the most reliable vehicle in my fleet. Current plan is to get it back on the road...
  21. B

Didn't even think of Skyjacker. Did a lot of my parts ordering last year when I was in bed with the flu. Yay cold medicine! Never heard of Deerfield. Their website needs a little work but bookmarked for future reference. Both master and slave were bled but it's possible there's still air in...
  22. B

Had a sunny but cold day here and found some motivation to get out to the garage. D35 hub reversion complete. Replaced the front soft brake lines with -3AN instead of going back to regulars because every place that sells extended brake lines for an explorer/ranger was backordered indefinitely...
  23. B

End of year update and some reflections or something. Other projects and life kept me busy this year and the opportunities to do any kind of wheelin' are few and far between these days. Spent the afternoon going over my handiwork on replacing the hubs. Ordered a bunch of the nickel and dime...
  24. B

First Gen Budget Lift Parts

Cleaning out my first gen parts. Here's what I have: Warrior 153 rear lift shackles - No bolts F-150 Coil seats F-250 Shock towers - One is half ass welded to a stock first gen Explorer Coil bucket as shown. Say $50 each or make me an offer. Can ship from Long Island, NY.
  25. ForSale

ForSale

ForSale
Back