Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

92 Explorer Parking Brake Cable Help

Yea. now yours looks wrong too. So the problem is first of all the cable that comes from the pedal(A) is connected to D and it only pulls on D. F is on that bracket (E) and unless that bracket is pulled the brake that that cable goes to won't engage. I think the spring (C) goes from B to E...
  2. N

I guess tomorrow I will take a picture of what I need help with. I replaced the rear cables. I just want to know how they are all suppose to hook together. the one from the pedal goes to about the middle of the vehicle and the 2 rear ones meet it there. one of them has threads on it and the...
  3. N

I won't touch a chiltons or haynes with a 10 foot pole. I should get a factory service manual. I was just wondering if anyone could help me here before I spent the money. maybe some pics of where the cables all come together would help.
  4. N

Hey Guys, so I was trying to figure out my parking brake cable adjustment. I recently replaced the rear brakes and parking brake cables. I hooked it up according to the diagrams I found online but it just don't seem right. The one that has the threaded screw goes on this bracket and the other...
  5. N

I think my axle seal is bad.

So I took a look see today on the situation and thankfully it was not the axle seal. It was the wheel cylinder. kinda sux tho, I just replaced everything but the wheel cylinder and drum. now I gotta hope that brake cleaner will clean up the drum and new shoes. What does one do with alpaca...
  6. N

Thanks guys. Don't seem too hard but I really don't look forward to doing this. The detailed instructions and pictures will really help. And are alpacas like llamas? :p:
  7. N

So lately I have noticed my explorer pulling to the right on hard braking. I just changed all the brakes and everything is adjusted correctly. Today I found a puddle of some fluid under the rear of my truck, looked under and see fluid dripping off the drum o the drivers rear side. I suspect the...
  8. N

Heater Fan

So I took a look see and saw 3 connectors. before I start unplugging all of them, which one is it?
  9. N

Bad Cold Idle

uh So I was curious, I unplugged the idle air control valve and there was no difference. so I took it out and I find that it has wet black stuff in it. Carbon or oil I suspect. so I cleaned its insides and wire wheeled the outside to make it pretty again then reinstalled it. I also gave the...
  10. N

Check Engine Light goes on downhill, off uphill

cleaned the MAF and didn't seem to make too much difference. I was just thinking on replacing the TP. How would one go about checking the voltage?
  11. N

Did the CEL tests. Key on engine off, 111, 124, 157, 158. and Key on engine on, 412 was it.
  12. N

Bad Cold Idle

I cleaned the MAF sensor and I did the CEL tests. Key on engine off, 111, 124, 157, 158. and Key on engine on, 412 was it. after the test I cleaned the MAF sensor. did not test again to see if it helped. the 124 code was for the TP sensor. so I was thinking that's why it was in need of a changing.
  13. N

Bad Cold Idle

The ol explorer seems to not wanna idle on cold start up. it will start and the idle will pulse and eventually die, I could restart it 10 time when cold and it will keep stalling. I thinking throttle position sensor, EGR or Idle Air Control Valve. can anyone confirm before I spend the money? It...
  14. N

Heater Fan

It seems my heater fan only seems to work on high, click it one down and it goes off completely. any ideas?
  15. N

so lately my CEL comes on going down a hill or going down the road but go uphill and it goes off. this makes me think there's a fluid level low. I checked all fluids and all seem fine. the rear diff has a slight leak, if that is low would it make the CEL come on? Someone mentioned some...
  16. N

92 Explorer Running Cold. All the time!

Hey Guys, I seen a couple threads on here about the explorers running cold but not really anything helpful to me. My explorer is running cold, barely off the cold mark. am I wrong that it should be sitting in the middle? I replaced the thermostat and next is the heater core. I even put...
  17. N

Some questions about my 92 explorer

no puddle when I park it just when I driving it. the underside from front back is wet with antifreeze. I did an oil change yesterday and I didn't see any coolant in the oil.today we had an awesome 5+ inches of snow which was no problem for the explorer, and when I was in town I noticed the front...
  18. N

Some questions about my 92 explorer

Hey guys, I got me another shift motor and was wondering how do I replace my old one with it. I can figure it out but I would like a walk through so I make sure I don't miss anything. lately I have my 4wd locked in at all times cause wisconsin weather is unpredictable. I have been...
  19. N

How I make the door not lock when ignition turned on?

I don't have a security system. I don't even have keyless entry. I thought all explorers did that. It's a eddie bauer maybe that's why it does it. All I know is I have no security system and when I turn the ignition on the doors lock. It's annoying.
  20. N

How I make the door not lock when ignition turned on?

Hey Guys, So I go out to the explorer in the morning to warm it up and when i wand to leave I relized I forgot to unlock doors before I closed the door. I find that the doors locking when the ignition is turned on is very annoying. I never lock my doors and when they decide when to lock...
  21. N

Lovin' my 92 Explorer

Hey Guys, First good snow fall in Wisconsin this year and it was the first time I ever used a 4wd vehicle in the snow. I was a little nervous using it on the slick roads since all I ever had was 2wd rear drive vehicles. I didn't use the 4wd at first and the rear was a little loose with the...
  22. N

how to eliminate the push button 4wd

How much would you want for a rebuild shift motor that works good if I send you my old one after you send me the good one? I have 4 hi engaged and then push clutch in, foot on brake, trans in neutral, push the four low button and 4wd lite goes off and that's all that happens.
  23. N

thanks. I think I will just get a new shift motor eventually. I guess if 4 high works its good enough.
  24. N

well, that sounds expensive and exciting! I don't think I want to do all that, I guess I will have to buy a new shift motor. 4 high works but 4 low don't seem to. At least I know the manual hubs won't be a problem.
  25. N

I figured it was available from factory that way so I should be able to do it. I was wondering what was involved and the parts needed.
Back