Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. O

Late 2-3 and 3-OD shift when cold

i had a '93 that did the exact same thing.. only cold, only once. then it worked fine. matter of fact when the gear shift was in OD, the whole trans seemed sluggish.. maybe never downing into first. but in drive it was like a mustang, a completely different accelleration. anyway. sold...
  2. O

Driveshaft boot

Im about to install a new stock front Drive Shaft in my '97 AWD sploder, i hear they have a high failure rate due to the cv boot trapping rocks and dust. has anyone come up with a solution on the cheep to fix this? would wrapping duct tape round and round the boot do any good? eww or...
  3. O

AWD, removed front DS now i have a vibration??

problem fixed, right front wheel bearing hub. i replaced the drive shaft cause it was a baby rattle, i.e. masive failure... and i ordered it from you lol. typical case of 2 unrelated problems happening at the same time.
  4. O

so,... basically.. when i get my DS tuesday and install it.. if the awd still works im good? here's hoping.. i might go park my truck on a hill in the mean time lol..
  5. O

well i tried pushing it to no avail course im no strong man. but it didnt move.. what kinda symptoms happen with a failed viscous coupling? what doesnt work anymore?
  6. O

hmmmm sounds like i .. need to roll it down a hill? hahahah
  7. O

Hey all, i have a '97 5.0L AWD Ex., my front drive shaft failed on me a week ago, i removed it and ordered a new one.. i've been driving it in the mean time and i've noticed a weird vibration that seems associated with wheel speed in the front. (sort of like a thump thump thump) some times it...
  8. O

6 bolt, fron- DS help, HELP!!!!

oem is 300+ $ and i hear people here in this forum are on their 4,5,6th shaft. some only after a few months... luckaly i know a DS man from back in my ranger days,.. i bet he can make me one
  9. O

still dont know if i can just slap it on my drive shaft.. or what.. thats part of what im after.. with this conversion what else do i need to do? buy part ??????? AWD
  10. O

I need help guys, my front shaft is a baby rattle now.. the cv is shot. i've learned that its the weakest link in the drive line and prefer not to replace it with an oem shaft. I hear there's a conversion for the 6 bolt cup : NeapCo Part # N2-83-287X that allows you to put a u-joint in...
  11. O

Front CV Driveshaft Rebuild Kit

can we get a sitrep?
  12. O

Power Steering Leak

hi gentlemen, i recently bought a 97 5.0 exploder for 600 bucks, knowing it had a power steering leak and a ball joint squeek. unfortunately i tore my acl in a motorcycle accident 2 days after i got the truck. now im stuck with a vehicle i cant tag until it passes an inspection. so this is...
Back