Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. boominXplorer

Wanted Looking for a 5th gen Explorer for the wife, cash in hand

Looking for a 5th gen Explorer for the wife, need to get her out of her gas guzzling Expedition EL. Main requirements are leather and 8" screen. FWD is preferred and no 4cyl, no interceptor. Would prefer to find one with a great body but needs work like bad engine, trans or driveline issues as...
  2. boominXplorer

For Sale Clearing out the shop / Part-out of 2 99-01 V8 AWD Explorers

Well it's time to purge guys. Looking to move shop in the next year or so and need to clean up my extra junk instead of move it. I've got a ton of stuff and will be constantly editing my first post. No catalytic converters available. Anything bigger than say 24x24 will be local pickup in VA...
  3. boominXplorer

Upper control arms with coil overs and IFS

Who has swapped to coil overs and are still running factory upper arms? Do yours hit the coil at full droop? Are your camber adjusters at 0*? My issue: Running 5" rcd lift with 14" coils my upper arm will contract the coil on droop. My camber adjusters are at 0, dead center on both sides. Its...
  4. boominXplorer

For Sale *SOLD*$1600 1994 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 w/ manual shift tcase

SOLD SOLD SOLD Had this thing for awhile just have way too many vehicles and this one is too nice to sit on the side of my building. It's in great shape for a 94 but could use a little tlc. Always fires up first try, 4x4 works as well as the manual hubs, ac works but needs a charge every year...
  5. boominXplorer

For Sale 4.10 front diff and rear gear set 95+ Explorer 98+ Ranger

Have complete 4.10 front axle and rear gear set out of an 05 Ford Ranger. These will fit explorers 95-01, 01-05 explorer sport/ sport trac and 98+ Ford Rangers. They have 110k on them. Front axle is bolt in ready. Rear gear set includes shims and ring gear bolts but you'd probably want to get an...
  6. boominXplorer

How I put a 5.0 explorer throttle body on my Focus

So have this posted on the Focus Forum but figured I'd share it here. I'm in the process of setting up a 2.5 duratec swap for my 07 Focus ST and had a slight throttle body dilemma. My new intake manifold did not have as spot for an iac as it was a drive by wire manifold. Next problem was my...
  7. boominXplorer

For Sale 95+ 2nd Gen Explorer and 98+ Ranger Front IFS Tow point

Factory ifs tie down point for Export Explorer and Rangers. Very easy to install, retaining bracket slides in and 3 bolts hold the tie down point snug to crossmember. This is the only one I've seen. $70 shipped in the lower 48
  8. boominXplorer

For Sale 02+ Explorer 4dr 3rd gen manual transmission setup $500

Have just about everything you'd need to convert a 4.0 v6 3rd gen Explorer to manual transmission. I have the pedal assembly, flywheel, clutch, spacer plate, lines, shifter and 2wd transmission. All of these items were removed from a 2002 4.0 2wd 4dr Explorer. This is a 1 year only setup that...
  9. boominXplorer

For Sale 95-01 Explorer OEM European Export Clear Corner light assemblies

Have a pair of clear euro 2nd gen corner lights. They are OEM Ford units made for Export. The bulbs are different than factory but I've included all the plugs you need to do the swap. These are 20 years old but still look good compared to aftermarket clear corners that yellow in 3 years. $80...
  10. boominXplorer

For Sale 4.0 Sohc K&N Intake kit - $120 Shipped

Used k&n intake kit w/maf sensor. Good used condition, filter has some wear but has a few miles left. Can't guarantee the maf sensor but I'm sure it's fine. $120 shipped in the lower 48
  11. boominXplorer

20x12s on my Ranger

Been wanting to roll on dubs for awhile and the day has finally come. Been riding on 16x10s with 315/75r16 tires for the past 6 years, it's time for an upgrade. The truck is a 150 miles away from hitting 200k so had to do something for its landmark. The new setup is 20x12s with 35/13.50r20s...
  12. boominXplorer

Wanted Wanted: 1st gen driver's door panel

Looking for a good driver's door panel, grey in color. Needs to be setup for power window / locks. It's for a 94 4dr I'm fixing up. I could also use the right rear panel also or will buy all 4 if you have them all in good shape. Thanks
  13. boominXplorer

Solved Wanted: 97 Explorer or mountaineer V8 truck

Like the title says, I'm looking for a 97 explorer or mountaineer v8 truck on the east coast within 500 miles of Virginia Beach, VA. I need a wiring complete vehicle with the computer code being XDT2 or XDT3. Build date on door jam should be 1/97 or newer to have correct computer. It does not...
  14. boominXplorer

Has anyone swapped to hydroboost?

I have a 2000 Ranger that I am doing an engine/trans swap on that requires a ton of clearance. I have a whole hydro boost setup from a mustang to swap in, just wondering if anyone has done this before? Is there any issues with valving I might run into? I plan on using the mustang master cyl. To...
  15. boominXplorer

91-94 Explorer / Ranger Fog light switch

I have a fog light switch out of I think a 94 Explorer. I haven't tested it and 1 corner is broken off the front. $3 shipped to anyone who is Elite. $13 shipped if your not Elite.
  16. boominXplorer

Calling transmission guru's 4r44e output shaft interchangability

I've got a 96 ranger 3.0 with a bad trans and I have a 00 ranger 3.0 trans that was pulled from a running truck for a v8 swap. The transmissions are identical electronically except for the 00 missing the speed sensor. There are tons of differences mechanically (brass bushings swapped over to...
  17. boominXplorer

What should I do with this?

Picked up this truck to partout but as I dug into it runs and drives great (still after accident) and with the 3v 4.6 it hauls butt. I already have a ton of current projects but a little peice of me wants to use this drivetrain and possibly whole frame/suspension in something else. Any ideas? My...
  18. boominXplorer

1997 V8 Explorer PCM w/harness and transmission transplant in my 1977 351w F150

This is my work in progress thread to my 1977 F150. I purchased the truck as a stock 2wd swaped 351w / C6 truck with a 2.72 9" rear end. The minute I bought the truck I knew I was going to swap it to EFI but it needs to be done affordable as this is going to be my run around the shop work truck...
  19. boominXplorer

4r70w / 4r75 Torrington bearing issue

First off the vehicle in question is my wife's 03 expedition which has the common 4r70 transmission. It shifts perfectly, acts perfect and never concerned me until here recently when I noticed a "rear end" type whine. It only happens in o/d or 3rd from 40-50 mph on 30% throttle or less. If I let...
  20. boominXplorer

For Sale Aviator Front Spindles and Brake Caliper setup

Pair of spindles with calipers and brackets off an 04 Aviator. They are in good used condition with some small hammer marks from previous front end work. Calipers and pads seem good to go but they have been on my shelf for over a year so I recommend using the calipers as cores just so you don't...
  21. boominXplorer

Looking for a custom built car trailer on east coast

Like the title says, looking for a new custom built trailer. Looking for a 18'-20' trailer with a capacity of 8-9k lbs. My goals are to be able to load my diesel F250 or my 6300lb forklift w/ a load on the trailer. I have had a 2010 model 16ft car trailer the past 6 years and it has served me...
  22. boominXplorer

How to: 4th gen hatch swap on 3rd gen Explorer DONE!!!

So who has done it? I know the rear tail lights swap with just some rewiring but how about the whole hatch? I have an 04 Explorer with the good old cracked upper hatch and have been looking for a better option. What I do know about the 2..... They mount and latch to the body at the exact same...
  23. boominXplorer

For Sale 95+ IFS RCD coil overs and brackets $300

I have a set of discontinued rcd coil overs and brackets to get rid of torsion bars. They are ment to be used with their 5" kit but would work on a 4" superlifted truck. The coil overs are known to be a weak point in the lift kit and have a tendency to brake. 1 has already been replaced. They...
  24. boominXplorer

For Sale 91+ Ford Explorer / Ranger Twin stick shift boot $40

Have a shift boot, bezel and floor grommet from a 91 Explorer 5 speed w/manual shift t-case. The bezel is cracked in the middle (could be plastic welded) and the t-case boot is loose. These are VERY hard to find anymore. $40 + Shipping 1475188690810 by boominXplorer posted September 29, 2016 at...
  25. boominXplorer

For Sale 91-94 Explorer / Ranger Factory manual locking front hubs $25

Have a pair of manual hubs that were in working order when removed. They are pretty dirty and one has a chip on the edge but both function. $25+ shipping for the pair. 1475098797049 by boominXplorer posted September 28, 2016 at 5:41 PM1475098915369 by boominXplorer posted September 28, 2016 at...
Back