Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Instrument Cluster Shorts Out

I've never noticed the lights and/or radio coming on with the key off, but now that you say that, for the first time last night, when I shut the truck off and took the key out, the needles continued to bounce and click. I was thinking it was a short, but it is sounding like a cluster.
  2. K

Instrument Cluster Shorts Out

Sorry for the necro, but I am having the same issue with my 2005 sport trac. Did you ever find out what it was? I don't want to just start replacing parts I don't need to. The truck runs perfectly fine, but the symptoms are all the same (shorting out, speedometer/tachometer zero out and...
  3. K

Weird Instrument Cluster/Gauges problem - Frozen/Stuck

anything? As bad luck would have it, my Alternator failed this last weekend. With a lot of corrosion on the negative terminal of the battery, I decided to replace that also. The battery was unhooked for way longer than 30 min, and after hooking everything back up, the cluster still does the...
  4. K

Caliper Slide Pins

Weird. I just went through this on my '05 Sport Trac 2WD. I did the Driver Side first, and the booted pin was on the top/front. When I got to the passenger side, I'm pretty sure I pulled it out of the top/front also. I pulled it out to lube it. When I went to put it back in, I couldn't in...
  5. K

RWD Front Brake question - Bearings

It would be much appreciated. Thanks!:)
  6. K

RWD Front Brake question - Bearings

So I just changed my brakes on Wednesday afternoon, including replacing the inner and outer wheel bearings. Thinking back, I realized that while I packed the bearings very well (I used a needle to insert the grease into the bearings), I just realized that I forgot to put a slight coat of grease...
  7. K

Anything regarding the above?
  8. K

Now if only I can find my Haynes manual so I can figure out how to pull the cluster out. I'll also note that the guy at AutoZone did have problems getting their scanner to connect. He had to start the truck several times to get it to connect. However, I did note that on every one of these...
  9. K

Well, I had a chance to stop at AutoZone tonight. According to their scanner, there are no engine codes. So does that mean that it is showing me the check engine light, and there isn't a real problem? How could I tell if it is a bad cluster vs loose/shorting wiring? Or, could it be the...
  10. K

Rear brake job

hmm...whoever owned it before me must not have put on on the passenger side then. There was literally nothing there...no springs, no shoes, nothing.
  11. K

Rear brake job

I replaced my rear rotors on my '05 2WD back in January. I had problems getting the rear rotor off, due to not knowing about turning the star thing from behind. Once I did that, it slid off pretty easily. I had a lot of shoe left, so I didn't do anything with it, and just replaced the rotor...
  12. K

2005 2WD Sport Trac, 88,000 miles. This just started this last week: I have two different problems, but they are most likely related. 1) My Speedometer and Tachometer (and also come to find out, Odometer) just get "stuck" or frozen. This can happen at any time...from driving 15mph, to...
  13. K

Need to do some brakes/shocks work

*facepalm*...sorry MidnightRebel...you are right. 4WD. I either did not see that, or it wasn't showing properly in Chrome. Just the Wheel Bearings then it looks like.
  14. K

Well, I have done the bearings once before. I found a nice pictoral process that shows me exactly what I have experienced before. With those instructions, I feel very confident about the bearings again. I just don't know how to tell whether it is just the bearings that are loose/bad or...
  15. K

So, while up north hunting (well, more like on the way up there), I noticed that I had some cupping of the inside edge of my front tires. It looks like it has been going on for a while, but I never noticed it before because I do mostly city driving, thus the vibration and noise aren't prevalent...
Back