Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Solved Lifts and Max tire sizes

Thanks for the reply, but it does not address my question
  2. B

wobble at high speeds

I have a 2008 explorer 2 whl dr, 4 door, 4.0 with 18 in factory chrome wheels. I am selling it and placed the 18in wheels with original Michlein tires, on my 1999 explorer sport, 2 wheel dr, 4.0 2door. The front end wobbles at 55 to 75 MPH. Had the front end aligned and wheels balanced again...
  3. B

everyone keeps on talking about the tire sizes, but my question is -- can you put 18 inch WHEELS on a 1999 Explorer sport. The wheels came off a 2008 explorer but when I put them on, they wobble at speeds over 60 mph. When I put them back on the 2008, they work fine so balance is not an issue...
  4. B

The chart was nice, but it did not list the MAXIMUM size wheels that can be placed on a 1999 explorer 2 door 4.0. I put some 18 inch wheels from a 2008 explorer on the 1999 but the wheels wobble at speeds after 60 mph. All I want to know is will 18 inch wheels work on the car and I cannot seem...
  5. B

Wobble from 18 inch wheels on a 1999 Explorer.

Thanks Since this is my first time joining a forum - I have no clue how to do anything. Thanks for moving my thread to where it belongs. Hope I get some serious replies outher than people wanting to sell things.
  6. B

Wobble from 18 inch wheels on a 1999 Explorer.

I have a 2008 explorer 2 whl dr, 4 door, 4.0 with 18 in factory chrome wheels. I am selling it and placed the 18in wheels with original Michlein tires, on my 1999 explorer sport, 2 wheel dr, 4.0 2door. The front end wobbles at 55 to 75 MPH. Had the front end aligned and wheels balanced again...
Back