Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

What should I do with this?

I don't have the time or the space to part it out, so I'm offering it for free to anyone why wants to go get it.
  2. R

Free to a good home... or a bad home, for that matter. Good for parts or an off-road rig (some assembly required, batteries not included). It's been six years since I rolled it and it's been sitting out at my parents' camp, so I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be fixing it up as originally...
  3. R

I rolled my truck a few months ago (pix here). Now i'm trying to figure out what to do with it. Should I part it out or make it drivable again? How much could I expect to get if I part it out? 102k 1999 XLT
  4. R

Severe body work on a 2nd gen X

I rolled my X (thread here) so I'm looking for body parts for it (lots of parts). I've found many G1 X's and was wondering if any of the parts (most notably the doors and roof/pillars) are the same. I know that the hood, front end and fenders are different but the roof assembly and doors...
  5. R

Another one bites the dust

So my current plan is to get a cheap car to last me until I get this thing paid off. However, I'm going to get my X back on the road. I need to find a donor X to get the roof, fenders, hood and a few doors off of. So far, I have not been successfull. It will never be my primary vehicle...
  6. R

I have about a 2-3" shackle/tt lift. I'm sure that had a fair amount to do with it tipping over. Anyone know how much Perry's fenders and hood are?
  7. R

I was doing about 50 (in a 55) at the bottom of the hill and had my foot off the gas going up the hill so I was probably below 40 when I went off the road and less than 30 when it rolled.
  8. R

Looked at it a little more... i can get by with... front r fender (but as long as i'm replacing one, i might as well go with a pair from perry) front l, front r, & rear l doors windshield, front r door window (i had MA insurance so I have 0 deductable glass) grill both bumpers windshield...
  9. R

should work now.
  10. R

The hood looks good from the front of the roof rack back
  11. R

So, I found out yesterday that I don't have collision on my truck. :mad: All my pics can be found here It runs fine but obviously will take a good amount of work to make it drivable. Anyone have any suggestions? I've considered making it a convertable but since I have to replace the...
  12. R

Ya know... that has actually occured to me. It would definately be my cheapest option. Since they're probably not going to give me much for it, maybe I'll be able to buy it for nothing and keep it as a toy.
  13. R

If I had just kept going straight, I would have ended up in a corn field. That would be a vast improvement compared to attempting to recover and rolling it. Hind sight is 20/20.
  14. R

My brother-in-law was thinking about selling his Ranger about a month ago but I think he may have scrapped that idea. I'm going to check with them later today. However, I took care of a ticket in June and they screwed something up and suspended my license for an unanswered ticket. So, I...
  15. R

I came over the top of a hill and there was a sharp curve. I went off the road and almost got it back on the road when the tires caught and it rolled. It landed on the tires and when I looked over, my dog was standing in the middle of the road just staring at me. The engine was still...
  16. R

Yesterday I rolled my X. :( I'm fine. My dog got ejected but miraculously he's ok. The guy who lives across the street from where I rolled does body work and says it's totalled.
  17. R

Body Kit?

I think the thread everyone is referring to is the one where we were debating whether or not a Civic would fit in the back of an X.
  18. R

How to determine if battery is bad???

Lonestar's right... if your alternator were bad, you wouldn't have made it 300 miles. However, your A/C (or anything else) shouldn't be drawing anything off the battery while the car is running (exception being a large amp when the bass hits hard). My guess would be some other part of the...
  19. R

which trailer hitch?

I have the square tube hidden hitch class3 and wouldn't but it again. It uses factory holes so there's no drilling but it has two vertical bolts and two horizontal bolts. The next one I buy will only have horizontal bolts. The vertical bolts are near the end of the frame rails and don't have...
  20. R

HELP!!! Brake Problem

How's your fluid level? If it's low, top it off, park in a clean place on your driveway and check in the morning to see it there's any fluid on the ground.
  21. R

The Shakes!

They usually go away on their own a few days after you stop drinking.
  22. R

rear wiper for inspection?

oops... that's not very clear... rear wiper is not part of the NYS inspection.
  23. R

5 o'clock motor swap (540ci Chevy)

Dude... those tires are HUGE!
  24. R

Torsion Bars have diff. lengths?

Yeah, I'm on a diet too, yet my left torsion adjuster bolt is in about an inch farther than the right. Hmmmmm...
Back