Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Hello all from MD. 2005 Explorer 4.0litre sohc, Limited

As Dhjknight said, the new ones may look a little different especially the timing exciter ring design. I recommend you follow the repair manual's directive to install a new pulley bolt, they are torque to yield (35 foot pounds, then an additional 80 degrees or so), double-check to make sure...
  2. C

Rear Hatch Swap

That is true, although I disagree that the amount of opening is "significant". The glazed surface area is the same on both doors, but the 2006 is much lighter and easier to open and close. A small price to pay for upgrading to a design that eliminates the stupid cracking trim piece.
  3. C

Rear Hatch Swap

Don't hesitate to do this, I have a 2004 and swapped in a hatch from a 2006. Use the wiring harness link from the thread above. Worked out fantastic and found a hatch in the same color as mine for only $125 in primo condition.
  4. C

Tranny Question

I have a '04 XLT V6 with the 5R55E transmission. At 50K miles I changed the tranny fluid and filter to include the special additive that was used in the recalls back in early 2005. Anyway, peace of mind to do this work myself and know it's been done and done right. There are some great DIY...
Back