Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Brake question...

Just a friend of her brother's. He's a real mechanic, but he works for BMW, so I don't know what they know about Chevy brakes. Apparently not much.
  2. M

Brake question...

Okay guys here ya go: Took it to a place yesterday that does all my car work. Really good reputable place. They looked it over and told me this: 1) Drums and shoes are new in the back. May take some time for the drums to get a little worn in since they are new. HOWEVER, the shoes were on...
  3. M

Brake question...

Thank you all for the quick replies. I told her to be careful this week on her car and to take things slow, becuase she's afraid to take it into a car place herself for fear of getting ripped off or something. But we are taking it in this weekend somewhere to get it checked out. Thanks again...
  4. M

Brake question...

Hi guys... I'm not sure this is the right place to post this, but here goes: My girlfriend just got new brakes on her SUV. A friend did it for her that's a mechanic. I drove her truck today to see how they work, and did a panic stop from 40mph, and the truck didn't respond really at all. It...
  5. M

Why does my seat do this?

WOAH!!! Yanno, I always thought that those handles were standard on all seats to move them forward and back for people with no power option, but then when the power option went in I just figured they made the handles stationary and they just stayed there. I never knew it did that!!!!!
  6. M

'97 Explorer Driver Lumbar help...

Hey guys... I am having the same problem. I always have my lumbar filled all the way up cause my back is horrible. Today I got in and it was deflated. I went to push the switch, but the switch is loose. It goes up and back and when you push it it doesn't snap back into it's original position...
  7. M

Truck won't shift out of first, unless off gas?

Billy177: Nope, tried that... Runnin'OnEmpty: I told them to check it after reading your post, but everything was fine in that area. Got it back today... new trans. The guy said the trans was ****, and couldn't be salvaged. The 2nd gear clutchpak was completely gone I guess, and he said...
  8. M

Anybody got anything? Just a quick idea before I call the dealer?
  9. M

Hey guys quick problem..... I was driving tonight, taking off from a red light, normal accel, and all of a sudden the truck lurched, and shifted back into first gear, and wouldn't shift back out of it. So I rode in first for about 2 mins, and then let off the gas, and it shifted into second...
  10. M

F-250 Superduty Harly Davidson edition!! *drool* (pics inside)

I changed the pics to a link.... follow the link and then go down about 1/3 of the page and the pics are there.
  11. M

F-250 Superduty Harly Davidson edition!! *drool* (pics inside)

IT'S ABOUT TIME! I was browsing through my Truck Trend magaznie the other day, and lookie lookie... Ford is discontinuing the F-150 versions of the Harley Davidson truck, and coming out with SuperDuty versions!!! Available in three colors, and also with some bada$$ wheels and options like the...
  12. M

What are pinion and carrier bearings??

Anyone heard of these? Those are new terms to me. The reason I ask is because I have this awful noise coming from my rear end when I'm driving, and when I'm slowing down or coasting between like 15 and 30, there's a really bad groaning noise from the back. So the dealer has it, and told me it's...
  13. M

Strange Noise

Not to take away from the original thread or anything, but the topic title works for me too and I didn't want to double post the same topic title..... I had my trans worked on about a week and a half ago, and ever since I've had this groaning noise coming out from the rear end somewhere like...
  14. M

Rear Wheel Bearing Question

I'm having the same exact problem. When I'm driving at higher speeds I don't hear it but when I'm slowing down I can hear a groaning from the rear end somewhere, and it's loud. Kinda like "wah wah wah wah wah wahhhh wahhhhhh wahhhhhhhh" like when I'm going slow and stuff. I know, you can't...
  15. M

CHECK CAPS ON WATER BOTTLES......

Did the water do that to your seats?!? Or are they just messed up like that?
  16. M

CHECK CAPS ON WATER BOTTLES......

Took the words right outta my mouth... :)
  17. M

New FoMoCo Logo June 17th

I don't notice any difference...... ?
  18. M

Leaking trans fluid from a very weird place... help please

Maybe that was it... but it had to do with bolts of some kind. I dunno, the dude called me at 7:30 this morning. :D
  19. M

FINAL UPDATE Ok so they found out what it was. The bolts that hold the bell housing to the motor have little O seals on them. They were bad and leaking. So they're replacing all the bolts, and I told them to replace the front seal while they were in there too just in case. Other repairs...
  20. M

bumper insert - thanks to Fish Man

First thing that came to my mind when I saw that. :)
  21. M

bumper insert - thanks to Fish Man

Sweet! I was gonna try that, and then I got a written warning for no front license plate. Damn. :(
  22. M

UPDATE #2 Truck is at the Ford dealer.... They called me today and said that it could be the seal, pump, or a torque converter issue. They also noticed that I have a torn CV boot, and so I am replacing that too, plus new rotors and pads, etc. Estimated out the door, worse case scenario...
  23. M

What is going on with Kazaa

KazaaLite Is their website down or something? I can't get to it...
  24. M

A machine gun in a Suburban?!? **VIDEO: Ultimate SUV**

Check it out.... Ultimate SUV
  25. M

Exp-Wi: No not when braking, but like going over bumps, or turning and going over bumps, etc. Even like train tracks or curbs, I'd have a bad clunking.
Back