Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

ford explorer rough start up then runs fine.

well you guys where right on the rings and gaskets on the upper air intake manifold. the rings where cracked and some I picked up played with in my hand and they broke right away. But sense they have been replaced there has not been one problem at all. I turn on the explorer and it stays on...
  2. F

Would it be upper or lower? left or right? I do not know all that much about cars.
  3. F

where would the intake manifold be located at? the one with the common leaking.
  4. F

what do you mean by 3 sensors? All 3 plugs would be bad?
  5. F

Thank you for your help so far. :) My one question is though.. Is for 2 months it was running like this and i probably drive 400 miles a week at least.. and the check engine light never came on about this and i still had the rough idle. I have took this to a few mechanics and 4 different...
  6. F

I'm going to replace that too tonight.
  7. F

I had the explorer for a while, and now that i think back it would always have a rough start even when the check engine wasn't on. I put about 30,000 miles on it myself. But the it just kept on getting longer and worse with the start and waiting time on starting up. I was putting a lot of used...
  8. F

anyone else have the around the same problems?
  9. F

Sorry I didn't put this in before. I did read about that, and it would be antifreeze correct? I have kept my eye on the antifreeze and it hasn't moved at all in the 3 months.
  10. F

Ok First off I want to say I am pretty impressed on this forum I have learned alot. I am a big reader. But I am just pretty much puzzled at this point and before I spend more money I was wondering if anyone had any pointers for me. I have a 2001 Ford Explorer 2 door sport 4X4 The Explorer...
Back