Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

2 door interior door handles

I am shopping on the ebays for a set of door handles for my new sport X. I see alot of info about these being for a 4 door truck. They look pretty much identical to the 2 door. Anybody know if they are interchangeable? It is the grab handle portion of the door panel, comes with steel clips...
  2. T

fuel pump relay power supply problems

I've been fighting a fuel delivery problem for a while. i just finally found that i have 12v going to both sides of my pump relay. i have 12 v on relay pin 30 (ok), 86 (ok), and 85 Not Ok. I don't have a print that will show me what is putting full 12v power on 85. This in not phantom power...
  3. T

Carrier torque specs

I am installing my long awaited Aussie locker in my front D35, I realized I should torque the carrier bearing cap bolts. Or I can just crank them until my elbow clicks. Can someone direct me to the correct torque specs? I expected to find a torque reference page on the forum somewhere, maybe...
  4. T

Has anyone found stock 4.10's?

I know ford lists a 4.10 gear set in the 1Gen explorer, has anyone ever found one? I am wondering what would be the best way to find one. I have a nice setup on my '93 but I was thinking of replacing it and moving the goodies over to a 5 speed sport 2 door. Is there any point in me holding...
  5. T

Reinforced TTB

Today I went for my first romp at Evans Creek with my newly lifted 93 xlt. I found out what i can't go over, short stumps! I'm pretty sure I bent my front TTB, drive side. I finished the day of wheeling with no issues not really knowing if it was bent or not, now I see the the passenger side...
  6. T

Do mirrors swing away?

Does anybody know if the electric mirrors on a '94 xlt can move like for pounding through the brush. Mine seem to not move but they look like "flexy" type mirrors. When i push and pull on them like for going too close to a tree, they just make a kind of crackling noise like I am going to break...
  7. T

Too stiff lift

I just installed a James Duff 3" ranger lift that I got off craigslist. I put it in my 93 xlt. I just put my truck on a ramp to check the flex, It barely moves. I also have f-150 springs in back and some custom shackles in back. The back end buries the tires in the wheel well and the front...
  8. T

Redesigned starter?

I got the famous "click no start" problem. Tap, tap on the starter, it fires right up, drive it home. This happened a couple times so I got the new starter. Here's my problem- The new starter has a different solenoid wire, it has a ring terminal instead of the old spade terminal. There was a...
  9. T

loose front axle stubs

I'm doing a brake job on my '93 4x4, the axles are sloppy on both wheels when the rotors are off. Is there a bearing or something behind the the rotor, something besides the normal wheel bearings that should be aligning that axle into the hub? There is also a little scoring inside the auto hub...
  10. T

Lift for driving, towing and wheeling

I am new to 4x4ing, i have a stock '93 XLT with 190k. it has been a good reliable vehicle for me for the last 75k miles. I love driving it, i want to continue to drive it, Can some one recomend how much lift and what I should look for. i want to do trails and snow wheeling, I stay away from...
  11. T

4 Low doesn't work

I know there are dozens of other transfere case explanations, but please humor me or help me find the one with the answers. I've gone through the little motor thingy, i've verified the neutral switch and the brake interlock, the little lights blink on the ecu in back. I made certain the shaft...
  12. T

No high beams

My high beams quit working. It's quite a suprise when I hit the switch and lose my lights. The lows always work, the bulbs are fine. Is there a relay I should check or a fuse?
Back