Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Still Looking for Headers

Yes, and yes. makes sense. Thank you!
  2. J

Still Looking for Headers

I'm assuming these are 5.0 headers. Is there a desirable 4.0 header set? Or are these it? If so, please post a link. Thanks!!!
  3. J

Supercharger install begins this weekend!

http://bansheesupercharger.com/pages/page3.htm I opened the box today. the parts are top-notch. Pics to come once my wife is out of town.
  4. J

Supercharger install begins this weekend!

I took the plunge. Bought a new head unit and worked with Ron to get his kit. The parts all look quite nice. Looking forward to tearing into it! I need to get to the dyno today to baseline my 135k mile motor... but other than that, life is good. More to come!!! 01 sport, BTW...
  5. J

What type of mods are good for my truck to get extra power?

I'm going to do the supercharger on my 4.0. I'm not sure why people laugh about it... then again, i put a supercharger on my lawnmower once. more to come... just workin' out some final details with Ron...
  6. J

Who has supercharged their 4.0?

I'm taking a serious look at the kit. I already have 30lb injectors. not sure which MAF meter is the best to add. But that and an SCT and i'm good to go!
  7. J

The tuning doesn't scared me (i've tuned lots of high-hp cars before with AEM, Split Second, etc...) so i may have to go the 2nd route. Explorer has 135k on the clock, so i need to check the compression before i get too excited. It _feels_ good though! ;) The good news: If I do this, it...
  8. J

Dynorun for 2001 Xsport 4.0 V6

I gotta get me one of those! Thank you!!!
  9. J

I've used SEARCH and I've read some interesting stuff. Recently picked up an 01 Sport. Looking to supercharge it. And from the looks of it, a SC set-up will run me more than what I paid for the truck. Any suggestions on options here? Or are there no 'budget' options? Thanks! J
  10. J

Dynorun for 2001 Xsport 4.0 V6

Very coo! What are you using to modify air/fuel? Is that what the Xcal3 is?
  11. J

Oil pressure gauge shows no oil pressure!!

I have a 2001 Sport that does this. But only in the morning. I changed the oil to fully synthentic. now it takes 45 seconds for the pressure gauge to come up to normal in the morning. But only in the morning. I'm going to replace the sender and i don't hear any knocking. but yes, i'm...
Back