Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Rebuilt trans. 25k ago. O/D blinking. No codes

Unfortunately the transmission shop Russo's gave me a nice 3 year warranty and then went out of business 6 months later due to poor health.
  2. E

We called ford and they want $149 to just scan my codes here in MA what a rip off. All so called AMCO transmission and they said they can scan for free. Just drop it off for half a day but from what he Says it already sounds like i need a complete rebuild. Now i wonder how safe it is to bring...
  3. E

Took my 1995 explorer to ford who rebuilt my tranny 2 YEARS ago. Now the O/D lights blinking. Hooked up OBD1 meeter and got code 111 10 111. Those are the no codes all clear engine off test. Took it out for a ride and started to blink again. Pulled over and did not turn off the engine and did an...
  4. E

Solved Replaced Blend door and now only blows out defrost.

Thanks Turdle, It was just a broken plastic vacuum line coming from the res ball and took 2 min to cut it and reattach it and now it works just fine. Thanks Bro.
  5. E

1995 Explorer Limited Rack & Pinion 2 metal lines leaking

Thank you everyone for your input. A friend of mine at an auto part store sold me the a rack and pinon and instructed me to take off the lines from it and return it to him the next day with out the lines and just say it was missing some parts. And guess what it? I got a full refund and replaced...
  6. E

Heater valve Broke on highway...

I took the old one off and walked to auto part store and got another one. Problem is the tabs I had on the four hoses. the two heater hoses from the fire wall markers came off. I don't know which hose goes on the top port and which one goes on the bottom port from the firewall to the valve...
  7. E

1995 Explorer Limited Rack & Pinion 2 metal lines leaking

On the Steering rack there are 2 metal lines that run into each end of the rack and the one that runs to the passenger side along the top of the rack is leaking bad. It screws in on both ends and I can't find a name for the line or anyone who carries it. Every place I go the say i need to...
  8. E

How to: 2nd Gen NO AC ( or heat) FROM VENTS!!! A "How to" what to look for thread

I have one hose coming out of the top of the reservoir on the top and connects to nothing. Any idea where that black hose goes to?
  9. E

Solved Replaced Blend door and now only blows out defrost.

I went all winter with no heat in New England in my 1995 Ford Explorer Limited. I could push any button and air would come out in the vents floor and defrost on demand. I cut a small hole in the Bottom of the Air Box and replaced the Blend Door with a new one and then tested it and it moves...
  10. E

Rear air assist shocks

1995 Ford explorer had the same problem back in 2009 and I replaced the leaf springs and shackles and now it is able to move about 4" depending on if there is a load or not in the back of the truck.
  11. E

NO HEAT. Puzzling and got me Stumped.

I installed a new Thermostat and ran car for almost an hour and still no pressure when I opened up the radiator cap. and only luke warm. Just like when I first reported it. Still no heat. I understand you think it might be the blend door but that wouldn't explain why I have no pressure. When...
  12. E

Ok I drove the car for over an hour and just pulled over while still running both inlet and outlet of the hose from heater core har very hot to touch. But the radiator hose that goes into the thermostat housing is just warm to the touch. I squeezed the hose and no presure.
  13. E

Ok as of right now I have no heat. Thermostat and housing replaced, heater control valve replaced, Flushed the system 6 months and did a birthing on it 4 times today just incase there was any air in the system. I got the link on how to do it on this same site. I had the truck running for 2...
  14. E

1995 Explorer Limited heat Problem

Really Where canI get it repaired for $99? Do you know how to check it for codes and Where I can go to get it repaired?
  15. E

1995 Explorer Limited heat Problem

I Loose my heat from time to time. I have an automatic temperature display. What I mean is when set the thermostat to say 85 degrees it blows out cold air. I will flip it back and forth between AC 60 Degrees and auto 90 degrees over and over until I get the heat to kick in. I can hear the...
  16. E

SOHC V6 Supercharger

Try moving your battery to the rear of the truck and upgrade your radiator to a Performance Radiator for better engine cooling as it don't look like you didn't do an engine rebuild to withstand the extra work the engine will have to do with he added torque/work it will have to do. Don't forget a...
  17. E

1995 Explorer Limited 52K miles. It's losing power and spudders.

I replaced all 6 spark plug and wires with new ones. The old wires had arc marks and cracks. Took it out on the road and ran fin until I pressed just under half of the gas peddle and it once again bogged down and wouldn't go above 2200 rpms. Now the O/D light is blinking all the time and...
  18. E

Also I replaced the rear Shackles and both rear electronic Air shocks that I got from Ford. All this started to happen with-in a few days after having Parkway Sound in Everett install a remote starter and alarm. I just picked up spark plugs and wires today and will be putting them in tomorrow...
  19. E

I picked up a 1995 Explorer a few weeks ago with only 51,000 original miles on her. Looked perfect as it belonged to an 80yo grandmother in the Northend of Boston. It wasn't used very much and all the orignal documents are there. After driving it every day after getting it the past few weeks...
Back