Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. X

02 rear wheel bearing

I replaced both my rear bearings last summer. I bought the hub and bearing for both. 1 side needed both,but other they were able to reuse hub. Safe bet to buy both.
  2. X

Replacing Radio 2004 Ford Explorer XLT

Plenty of options out there for $200. My recommendation is crutchfield also. When you buy the cd player, they list all required install components, and there own step by step installation guide. Very helpful also!
  3. X

Wireless Rear View Camera on '08 Adrenalin + RV Trailer

Nice install! Thanks for sharing. I almost went with a wireless one, but decided to hardwire mine. I installed a rear view and license plate camera in the truck and 24' snowmobile trailer. My LCD(Pyle PLCM7200 7” Mirror Monitor) is a clip on the mirror like yours. Works great! My final...
  4. X

Now an Escape owner

Nice pickup! My wife currently has 220K on her '03. Still going strong. She loves it. Nothing too major of repairs. Best of luck!
  5. X

How to: 2002 Explorer rear wheel bearing replacement (pictures)

Thanks for all the info and tips guys!! I had to replace my rear passenger side 2 months ago. I went with the Timken part. I also replaced my rear shocks/struts. I called ahead to a couple shops to make sure I could get it pressed. I gave the shop a heads up that I would be in Saturday...
  6. X

Checking tranny fluid level???

Good to hear it's fine now. I just checked mine last night. I replaced my transmission myself last fall, so I wanted to double check the level and fluid condition. Just wondering if you did this on a flat surface? Also, when the fluid was coming out, was it a solid stream or some drips in...
  7. X

How To: 3rd Gen Rear Pinion Seal and Gear Oil Replacement

Thanks! Excellent write up and pictures. Pics always help a lot. Much appreciated. :thumbsup: I just did this repair job last Saturday. Went very smooth. Leak is gone now!
  8. X

2001-2004 Escape Alternator/Tone Ring/ Ball Joint Install

My pleasure on helping everyone out. Thanks for compliments and 3 month subscription! I have some bad news....... Alternator went out again! Only after 1 1/2 years! We bought the lifetime warranty, but that doesn't help that this a huge project. I would like to send the manufacturer my bill...
  9. X

Any way to improve the subwoofer on Audiophile?

Thanks for the all the great info JRFORD! I plan on dropping a Kenwood Excelon KFC-XW1000F 10" subwoofer into my stock box in the next couple months. The mounting depth is 3 3/8" so it should fit. For the time being I installed my 12" JL W3V2. I don't use my 3rd seat often but I would love to...
  10. X

2001-2004 Escape Alternator/Tone Ring/ Ball Joint Install

My girlfriend’s alternator went out so I decided to tackle this project. I researched this quite a bit and found it was going to be a huge pain. I’ll agree to that after it was installed. I found some useful information online and learned some tricks along the way. I wanted to break it down even...
  11. X

Have an '02 EB, need 3 rows, buy 2005 or 2006?

I have a 2005 EB with the 3rd row. I don't use it that much but when I do people don't complain at all. I like the ability to have the 3rd row. I've had couple of my buddies sit back there for 1 1/2hours on road trips. I'm glad I got the V6. 40% city/60% highway I get average 15.6MPG. I bought...
Back