Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Broken fuel line, Help!

How do you go about replacing that whole line? (line that connects the fuel filter to the main fuel line)?
  2. S

Solved Why change fuel filter?

Someone before me maimed one side of those connectors. How can I get that replaced??! 98 ford explorer sport OHV
  3. S

Fuel line before and after fuel filter

Hello, could anyone help me find the correct part I need? I've been looking for the nylon(?) fuel line that connects to the fuel filter from the steel fuel line. Whoever last changed the fuel filter maimed the connector and ended up using rubber hose and hose clamps, but i'm looking to replace...
  4. S

How to: IAC valve cleaning thread (w/pics)

Hmm, I cleaned my IAC twice, and started getting that Moosecall only -after- I cleaned it. So I bought a new IAC valve and i'm getting the same moosecall, only a little bit lighter? Anyone got any ideas?
  5. S

do I need a new gasket

Maniak, I've been reading other threads that talk about this whole process and they recommend vasoline for the fuel injector O-Rings, which is clearly petroleum based... what's your opinion on that? Would I use the same lubricant on throttle body o-ring/gaskets?
  6. S

Best vacuum for SeaFoam 1998 Explorer Sport 4.0 OHV

Hm, very nice.. I'm going to have to check this out when it's a little warmer. Too damn cold right now. :thumbsup:
  7. S

PCV valve, Sea-Foam and Tune-Up for 1999 Explorer 302 AWD V8 302 8 cylinder

Hehe. I didn't know what would be better; posting a new thread or just trying to get quick info out of a thread somewhat on the subject. :exporange
  8. S

I know as much as the video shows me... but I'm wondering which vacuum line is the best for 4.0 OHV (1998 Explorer).
  9. S

Well, i'ma fidget with it... also, if anyone responds in time... should I have a fuel filter ready to change.. better before or after SeaFoam?
  10. S

Hm, more investigation leads to the Canister Purge Port? Anyone know exactly where this is? I know it's located on the throttle body... should it be fairly obvious?
  11. S

I've been reading tons of threads on where is the most effective spot to vacuum SeaFoam into your intake and I'm just plain confused. Brake Booster line seems the easiest, but I've seen tons of threads that talk about how it will not cover all cylinders. PCV valve seems a bit more of a PIA to...
  12. S

check engine light

Have you read any of the codes? Mass amounts of things could be wrong for the car to just "not start." What does it do when you try to start it? Was there any weird noises before it stopped starting? Could it be your battery or connections?
  13. S

Idle problems after warm up, RPMs rise when the brakes are pumped.

It is an OHV. Seems like it does fine, until it warms up.. hm. I checked Brake Booster line, doesn't seem like its leaking. I've gone around the Intake Manifold with an unlit propane torch, couldn't find anything. My ears might be deceiving me, but I'm pretty sure i'm hearing a...
  14. S

Idle problems after warm up, RPMs rise when the brakes are pumped.

So my truck starts up perfect, it idles fine until it warms up and then, when it drops the RPM's down to about 700 it starts oscillating and shudders a bit. This has been bugging the tar out of me. I have noticed that when I pump the breaks the RPMs will rise to 1200'ish and it idles there for...
  15. S

Can You Adjust Steering Play???

Hm. Someone said that you can adjust this from the top, I just dont see it happening. 1998 Ford Explorer Sport... what am I missing here? Is it much easier to go in from the bottom?
  16. S

How do I replace the light directly behind my fuel level gauge?

So how many do i need of each total? Does anyone know? Be easy to just grab them on the way home.
  17. S

Are the bulbs a part you can pick up at O'Reilly or Autozone?
  18. S

Thanks... I felt like a doofus.
  19. S

I saw this thread Dead Link Removed, but it seems a bit much just to change one of the lights (rather than the whole assembly). Any tricks?
  20. S

Accidently sprayed WD40 into IAC, immediately realized i was holding the wrong can and grabbed the CRC Elec. cleaner and blasted it all out... Think it did any damage?
  21. S

How to: Install Your Own Shocks

Sorry, I meant I replaced the control arm... which really doesn't have any bearing on installing the shocks.. i was just stating it. I got them in, I jacked up the arm and fit the shocks, i was a bit worried when relieving the pressure off, due to the shock maxing out, but I guess that is normal.
  22. S

How To: Upper Control Arm / Ball Joint Replacement (Lots of Pictures)

Unfortunately I did not note the cam washer positions but i dont see why... You can only get it in a certain way... I have a bigger problem on my hands. I put it all together and I cannot get the bolt/pin that holds the upper ball joint and the wheel assembly on.. it seems as if my wheel...
  23. S

How to: Install Your Own Shocks

Hm, so I got the old shock off... but the new shock doesn't line up too too well. How does this work.. do you lift the arm of the truck up to meet the shock when it is compressed with the wire, or decompress the wire and try to somehow get it on? Also it seems the angle is off, can you...
Back