Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Aerostar parts work in Explorers! How about a forum?

Can someone forward me a copy (if available) for the interchange for 96 Aerostar AWD transmission to Explorer/Ranger tranny. Does it have to be AWD to AWD or can it be a 2WD explorer/ranger and transfer the adapter plate/transfer case from AWD to 2WD?
  2. M

96 Aerostar XLT 4.0L AWD trouble code P0715.

Thanks, BrooklynBay for the file. Not sure It is to my level to disassemble the transmission to the level thai is oulined in the manual you sent me so.... maybe a used tranny is in order. We do have a good source of used tranny here. My other question is can I take a 2 wheel drive...
  3. M

96 Aerostar with E-4WD & 4.0L has front end damage.

blocking the driveway where I got it towed. Looks like I have to remove the front diferential assembly so I can replace/re-weld the passenger side extension tube mounting ears, and that is just for the suspension.,plus the brakes plus the bodywork... what a mess! If I didn't love this van and I...
  4. M

As daylight emerges and I was able to look more closely at the damage. I believe it is the upper part of the spindle assembly, just above the slider area of the caliper, as this part broke, it let the wheel and hub assembly twist and move backward bending the steering gear shaft/tierod end...
  5. M

Latest development, do you have a breakdown drawing is the front axle/differential for 96 AWD Aerostar. This week, I hit a car and curb and brohe the upright(part that the spindle/axle assy is attachec to) also broke the right outer differental mounting (the tube that extends from the pumpkin...
  6. M

Received it and I am sure I can use it. Right now, I reset the check engine light and it has not came back yet, I have been driving the vehicle to and from work. Hopefully it's just bad connection/wiring. Otherwise, it looks it can be a very expensive proposition to take down and take apart the...
  7. M

Thanks, my e-mail is malonzo@knightandcarver.com amd mar-alonzo@sbcglobal.net
  8. M

96 Aerostar XLT 4.0L AWD trouble code P0715-sensor wiring pin out diagram. Is there someone out there who has the schematic with the pin-out for the transmission connector which includes the turbine/input speed sensor circuit? I would like to check the wiring and/or speed sensor through the...
  9. M

How many people own or have owned an Aerostar?

Owned a 90,short wheel base, 3.0, very useful to me... sold it and bought a 96 extended XLT AWD, I love it... All the room, plus the ability to occasionally use it to tow a 19ft bayliner on a tandem trailer, locally. Set up with dvd, drop down screen, mp3 player, for traveling with kids. has...
  10. M

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Check eng light came on while driving, checked code=P0715: input/turbine speed sensor, a ckt malfunction... does anyone know how to check it/ change it? where is it located, is it internal or external. Does the...
Back