Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Looking for leaf spring hangers and shackles for 1994 Explorer 4wd . Can't seem to find the hangers. Sure would appreciate some help.

My explorer is already lifted with a spring over axle with a Dana 30 solid axle leaf sprung front end. It has been played with hard. Those are factory leafs in the rear. I could go with the chevy leafs and go back to factory leafspring hangers
  2. B

Looking for leaf spring hangers and shackles for 1994 Explorer 4wd . Can't seem to find the hangers. Sure would appreciate some help.

That bracket in the pic is my good one. I have repaired the other side but my fix keeps braking next to the weld that had fixed the problem.
  3. B

Can you swap to manual t case

What modifications did you do with the shifter to make it clear the center console?
  4. B

I need to find some front hangers but lifted. They look like factory but they are taller. Does anyone know where to find something like that?
  5. B

Gen 1 Intake Plenum on 2nd Gen OHV

The intakes do bolt on. I have a question about the egr. How do you get around that in the swap without a check engine light or does it make that much of a difference.
  6. B

95 Engine in 1992 Explorer Sport

I do realise this is an old thread. I do have a question or two. Before putting the 92 intake one the motor, did you try swaping the edis6 icm from edis4 that originally came in the 92.
  7. B

Rippin_93 5.8 Engine Swap plus AOD and ATLAS T-CASE

How is your build. Any issues for discussion for future builders such as myself. I am ceriouse to see a successful build and so far this thread I have found tons of info.
  8. B

For Sale 1st Gen Part Out. Some performance, some aftermarket.

For the extended brake lines would you do 35 shiped to 97601
  9. B

Gen 1 suspension swap?

is there a build thread or at least pics of someones attempt to put a 2nd gen chassis on a first gen frame. I to like the first gen ttb over the 2nd gen torsion bar suspension and plus i already have a skyjacker class 2, 6 inch lift brackets.
  10. B

Rebuilding a 2nd gen Explorer with a 1st gen rear clip

just out of curiosity does the body mounts on a first gen match the body mounts on a 2nd gen explerer. the reason i ask is i am wanting to keep the ttb front end from a first gen and use the lift i already have while having the look of a second gen. or are the frames on a first gen the same as a...
  11. B

Best way to lift front end 5"?

how about a change in the whole front suspension to a first gen ttb then use one of the lift kits for that. It should give you better articulation.
  12. B

92 explorer full width 8.8 and d44TTB

that will be something i will have to consider when i do my build.
  13. B

here is another idea for the upper shock mounts i stumbled upon this idea surfen through blue torch fab. instead of using 4" square tubing to move the coil buckets out, just get rid of the coil buckets all together and use the shock tower kit from blue torch fab then use coil overs. or make the...
  14. B

'91 Explorer trail rig

If you go tall you must compensate for width. You will roll if you dont. using wheel spacers could help the issue but that would put more stress on your wheel bearings. go for wider axles from a bronco or something would be the way to go.
  15. B

Rear TTB setup?

That would be awesome to see. :thumbsup:
  16. B

9 inch lift

there is someone that put full width axles in. im not sure of the lift height. "92 explorer full width 8.8 and d44TTB" is the thread name. the build looks good.
  17. B

want to do 351W in 94

subscribing
  18. B

how is your project comming along?
  19. B

98 5L EB blowing hot air suddenly after three month of use for cooling

if there was a leak. and you were to use a uv light to try finding the problem. its unnecessary to have a full charge. there is a dye that the uv light will pick up on. you find an oil or wet spot shine your uv light on it and see if there is a leak or not. best of luck to ya.:thumbsup:
  20. B

Brake squeaking sound???

or change the brake pads. some brake pads are made to squeak when they get worn out.
  21. B

Thats cool. Klamath Falls is an alright town. Ive lived here and Chiloquin for most of my life. there are alot of different trails close by. If mud was a drug, Mud would be my drug of choice :D. thanks for all the info on the ttb. you have been alot of help. let me know when you post those pics...
  22. B

that really sounds awesome. ill have to look at the pics when you get them posted. Ill be following your foot steps shortly. right now as Big Red stands(explorer name) she has skyjacker front end with a SOA in the rear. looking at it she seemed a little top heavy. I found your build...
  23. B

I just looked at all the pictures you have on FB. You have alot goen on at the house. I like the easy way of getting the suspension components off. In a couple pics it looks as if you were extending the front end.. if that is what it is im asking what was the idea behind it?
Back