Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Questions about buying used explorer

So I have been gone a while, replaced the old explorer with a 4runner a few years back. Anyway I am looking to buy an explorer again and had a few questions regarding a the newer models. One I have been looking at is a 2006 XLT with 4.6 V8, Leather Seats, and more. It is low mileage and in...
  2. J

What issues do the 2002-2005 Explorers have?

Hello all, I recently sold my 1995 explorer and am looking to replace it with a 2002 to 2005 model and had a couple of questions: 1. Is there a reliability difference between engines, the V8 looks nice but am wondering if it is as reliable as the 4.0 V6 like my old explorer had. 2. Are...
  3. J

Front bumper bracket

Hello all, I was in an accident on Friday and bent the passenger side of my front bumper. It also bent the bumper mounting bracket. It is a 1995 Explorer XLT. I would like to replace the bracket and bumper, it appears the bracket is welded on, anybody know how hard it is to remove the...
  4. J

Help ABS problem and AC problem

Hello, I do not post here very often but I have a couple of problems with my explorer. It is a 1995 XLT V-6 model. I just had the front brakes re-done, they replace the rotor which had gotten to thin and the pads, not the ABS is kicking in when I am braking right before it stops. It is a...
  5. J

Help rear window stuck down!!

Hello, My rear passenger window is stuck in the down position. I took the door panel off and tried to lift the window up just to close it until I can find the problem but it will not budge. When I try the power window control all I hear is a quick hum from the motor area. Any ideas, I need...
  6. J

AC problem

Hello all, I have a new problem with the explorer this morning and need some direction on fixing it. The vehicle is a 1995 XLT with the V6 engine. The AC system will only blow out the defrost vents now, the temp control seems fine it is just changing to the dash vents or floor that do not...
  7. J

New user, new explorer owner, couple of problems.

Hello all, I have been a Jeep owner since 1994 so having an explorer is a new thing for me. I bought a 1995 X from my sister and it has a couple of annoying problems. The truck is in overall great condition though. First problem is that it trys to go dead at idel when in drive without...
Back