Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

2003 4.6 intake manifold help

So I have a 2003 with the 4.6 and need to replace the intake. I've searched several sites and on amautoparts found one for a very good price but it only lists it for being for a 2002, my question is wouldn't the 2003 be the same intake? I'd like to order the one off am because its considerably...
  2. J

Popping sound from drivetrain, (not CV)

It defiantly is not the ebrake my explorer doesn't have one I removed all the ebrake components a few years back, It does not do it at idle only when in motion and its rather random when it does it it does it,.... going straight, turning, going fast, going slow, you name it, im going to pull the...
  3. J

Popping sound from drivetrain, (not CV)

I Have a popping sound coming from my truck and Im not sure what it is, before I take it to a shop I just wanted to ask you guys your opinion,.. Its a 2003 explorer AWD, Its kind of a odd sounding pop and its not consistent its really random it will go a day without doing it at all then one...
  4. J

3rd GEN 4WD LONGTRAVEL

with mods yes
  5. J

Need opinions on wheels and tires

Get the grabber AT2s cant go wrong with them, ive had them for a year and a half and have barely any tread wear, plus they handle well in all conditions, ive been wheeling in mud, sand, snow, you name it and ive never been hung up, plus there not to noisy and handle great in dry conditions, in...
  6. J

Sway bar end links

I remove my bar when I go wheeling but when im highway driving if its off it drives crazy feel like im a swerve away from a dui, lol, ive seen longer links for different trucks just need to know what length to go with as long as the bolt size is the same they should work
  7. J

Sway bar end links

I was thinking just longer end links would work less trouble.... just need to figure out the length to go with and where to buy them, worst case I guess is to make them,
  8. J

Sway bar end links

So after three years of running a 2.5 inch spacer lift I have been burning through sway bar end links like crazy I know I need to extend them but im not sure of how much longer I need to go on them has anyone extended thiers and if so where did you get them and what was the length, thank in...
  9. J

well im closing the door...

so what about that bull bar off your ex you never got back with me man
  10. J

How to: 3rd Gen BODY LIFT. Install.

Havent been on here awhile but I get on here and see people taking credit for a lift I tried out and thought of first ugggghh makes me sick, but you know what all you have to do is look back and you can see who the pioneer is..
  11. J

How to: 1.5" body lift for less than $50

glad to see the one and a half getting popular, dont forget who is the pioneer of this lift and the first to try it, oh wait that would be me. lol if anyone has any questions let me know..
  12. J

front end squeaking after spacer lift

my front end squeaked as well ater my spacer lift after months of trying to troubleshoot it I noticed the end links had a angle to them which is not normal so I ordered longer bolts to use for the end links and greased the bushings with silicone now no more squeaking....
  13. J

Anyone running without front sway bar?

Anyone running their ex without a front sway bar? If so how is the handling and such?
  14. J

I have 2.5 inch roadbully spacers in the front and 2.25 in the rear, plus I also have a 1.5 inch body lift..
  15. J

Just to let everyone that is interested in doing a body lift know that a one and a half inch body lift is possible with very minimal modification here are my results, this is my ex with a Roadbully lift and a one and a half inch body lift.
  16. J

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Here is a updated pic of my EX I have the Roadbully spacers on and a inch and a half body lift.. Going to remove running boards put side steps on, and get 285s soon!!
  17. J

Sway bar size

i have the class 3 with the 4.6.. if anyone with this setup knows the size of their bar let me know please
  18. J

Sway bar size

What tow package do you have? it seems the explorers have three different sizes of sway bars depending on your motor and tow package
  19. J

Sway bar size

What size is a 2003 ford explorer sway bar? I have the v8 with the heavy duty tow package.. I cant seem to find the size of it and need to order some bushings asap.. Thanks in advance, Jon
  20. J

2005 XLT HU Install

What is the watts on the ohm resistor you used? or does it matter?
  21. J

Same type issue as Toyata recall

Thats not the issue Toyota is having I work for the company.. I have a 03 explorer and have never noticed a problem maybe your not use to it yet..:exp::exp:
  22. J

please help!!!

The 265s dont look bad thats what im running now.. Like I said even my 265s rub when turning.. Unless you plan on doing the body lift as well stay away from the 285s..
  23. J

please help!!!

Stick with the 265s I have a 03 eddie with spacers and the 265 even rub at full turn, 285s would rub like crazy..:exp::exp::exp:
  24. J

Which is better Flowmaster or Magnaflow?

What kind of Magnaflow is that? it sounds great!! I need one!!
Back