Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

2010 Explorer No A/C from front vents

I found out it was the broken plastic lever for the door actuator. Fixed liked in this video
  2. K

2010 Explorer No A/C from front vents

I know there's been several threads about this, but I replaced the check valve in the engine compartment with no luck. How can I troubleshoot this as a vacuum issue, or something broken? When this first happened, I could get the vents working sometimes by moving back and forth between defrost...
  3. K

Blend door or vacuum line?

I have the same issue, but air will blow randomly thru the front vents, sometimes when braking, so I thought it had to do with the vacuum. Would that also happen with the broken lever? I replaced the check valve at the firewall and that didn't help. Thanks!
  4. K

AM/FM radio antenna broke

Ok is there something else that will conduct??
  5. K

So if I drop the antenna in the hole my radio comes back on. I just can't thread it in. Im thinking it would be worth a shot cutting off the excess threads and using JB Weld in the hole. Thoughts?
  6. K

Front passenger side wheel well liner removal?

I need to remove the wheel well liner in order to get inside the fender to the radio AM/FM antenna. I see there are some body clips. I'm afraid they'll break while removing and I'll be stuck with it all apart. I'd like to get the correct removal tool and some extra clips before doing this. Can...
  7. K

Sorry I missed your other post somehow. Yes I was doing brakes last week and had the wheel off. I played with trying to remove a couple of the wheel well clips but it seemed difficult without breaking them and then wasn't sure if I could even find new ones if I did get them out. Is there any...
  8. K

Thank you, yes that looks like it, but getting inside the fender where it's mounted is the problem I'm trying to figure out.
  9. K

Thanks, do you know how to get the mount off?
  10. K

Hi I realize that, but as I said, there are no threads in the top, I think they are broken off on the base.
  11. K

Hi all! One day I noticed my antenna was gone off the passenger side fender. I figured it loosened up and fell out at some point. I ordered a new OEM replacement from eBay, this part # Genuine OEM Ford Antenna Mast AL8Z18813A It would screw in. When looking down the hole, it appears there's no...
  12. K

Key stuck in Ignition, Steer Column will not Lock

Does anyone know what years and models this broken shifter rod affects, and how to determine if it does by center console part # or anything?? It seems there are so many different variations of the console, different Ford models, and different years... Thanks!
  13. K

I've tried sending address did you get it?
  14. K

Does anyone have one for sale or can fabricate one of these pushrods for me?? I don't have the tools to make one..
  15. K

Just bought a '99 Explorer

I bought a used overhead console replacement, either from someone on here or on ebay... My original one was very corroded..
  16. K

Cruise control steering wheel switch replacement

Just replaced both cruise control switches on my '99 Explorer, it was super easy thanks to the info I got here. And the old switches were so bad that they crumbled apart to the bare circuit board, so the harness just was on the bare pins of the old switch and slid right off. Took about 20 mins...
  17. K

ABS light on

10-4 but is the sensor they're talking about inside the rear differential or outside of it?
  18. K

ABS light on

Recently bought my 99 Explorer Sport 4x4, seller said ABS light has been on for awhile. When I bought it in for an oil change they told me it was PROBABLY the ABS sensor in the rear differential, anyone have expierienve with this and where it's located and how to replace?
  19. K

How to: How To: Drivers Exterior Door Handle Replacement

Wow I've been reading about this problem for weeks, the drivers door lock on my 99 Ford Explorer Sport would not pop up when hitting the keyless entry, it would move but would not pop up. I kept hearing about the spring issue but was confused whether it was the spring in the door handle or the...
  20. K

Just bought a '99 Explorer

Just bought a '99 Explorer and the front dome light does not work, assumed it was the bulbs so I pulled them out and they looked good, but there are copper contact rings that are broken where the bulbs get inserted... What needs to be replaced?? Also right side of the instrument cluster...
  21. K

How to: 1st Gen Gas Tank Fuel Pump Access Panel

Just got done replacing fuel pump and filter, thanks to everyone who posted here. It was "easy" after getting all the info beforehand. I just want to share some of my experience here, sorry I did not take any pics. (1996 Explorer XLT 4 door 4.0l v6) 1) Took advice here and bought air hammer...
  22. K

How to: 1st Gen Gas Tank Fuel Pump Access Panel

I have a 96 explorer xlt 4 door, and this thread has been very helpful so far. i was about to junk my explorer instead of having to drop the tank. My question is, what special tools will I need to remove fuel pump from tank, fuel lines from pump and filter??
Back