Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Anti Theft Light Flashing On Dash , Car wont start.

I have a 2000 ranger with a rapid flashing theft light, starter won't work, jumped starter relay to make starter operate, but still won't start because fuel system is also deactivated. Is there any place to find a wiring diagram of the PATS system. I have looked all over the net and have had no...
  2. C

slow low gear engagement

Yep! fluid level is good, smells right, feels right and looks right. The transmission was working perfectly when I drove it last. I know it sounds strange, but it's as if something happened to it while it was not being driven. I didn't park it because anything was wrong with it at the time, I...
  3. C

slow low gear engagement

i have a 97 5.0 mercury mountaineer AWD. I have never had any problems with the transmission since I have had the vehicle. However, I parked the vehicle for about 2 weeks without driving any at all. when I parked it nothing was wrong the gears all engaged as they should, I had no ttransmission...
  4. C

Vibration from 60 mph on up

I had basically the same problem, you're may not be the same as mine was but my explorer had some belts broken in two of the tires. Look at the side of your tires carefully inside and outside, any waviness or uneven side surface is a sign of broken belts. sometimes you can run your hand around...
  5. C

Could it be the alternator? Harmonic balancer?

The only relationship the heater would have with the alternator that I can think of is, when the fan motor is turned on it will place an additional load on the alternator especially when on the high setting. If your battery is good it shouldn't make that much difference. However, if the noise...
  6. C

engine cuts off and fuel gauge drops suddenly

2001 explorer v6 the problem is the engine will suddenly cut off, it always starts back (so far)but not always immediatley. One thing I have notices before it cut off is that the fuel gauge will bounce back and forth very quickly and then suddenly drop to the Empty mark and cut off. Most of...
  7. C

01 XLT Sounds like a diesel at start..

sounds like a diesel when running cold or hot My 98 didn't have the diesel sound to it until I changed the oil and the oil filter seal broke. I killed the engine immediately upon hearing a rattling noise, ever since that I have encountered the diesel sound. It is there all the time whether the...
  8. C

Invisible coolant leak

I have a UV light that I use in A/C leak detection, what type dye would I have to use, would any UV detectable dye work or would it have to be something specifically to mix with water and antifreeze?
  9. C

Invisible coolant leak

The exhaust isn't white or steamist, it has some water droppets when first started but once warmed up it goes away. I think I will have a compression check ran to see what shows up.
  10. C

Invisible coolant leak

heater valve I checked the heater valve while the system was under the pressure test and didn't notice any leak at that time. I will double check it to be sure. Wouldn't the valve leak while it was under a pressure test if that is where the leak was, or if the valve was closed at the time...
  11. C

Invisible coolant leak

My 97 explorer 4.0 SOHC engine has a coolant leakage problem that is driving me nuts. By all indications there is no leak, yet I am still losing about a quart of coolant about every 125 miles. I have no signs of coolant under the vevicle, no bubbles in the radiator or no excess pressure build-up...
  12. C

Hello, from a newbee

Ran across this site while searching for some info and it really impressed me, just felt that I needed to be a part of it. Will be getting more involved ASAP.
Back