Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 2

'05 4wd lift

okay i have an 02 limited X an i have 265/75-16's im riding on an i have no problems of rubbing what so ever. they're basically 30x10.50 if you look it up. now if i were to lift it an i am going to, i would look for a little bit bigger tire possibably 285's an maybe 10 wide rims offset. thats...
  2. 2

275/65-17 On Stock 03

i wouldnt see why not cuz i got 265/75-16 on my 02 X stock an no problems an lil bigger tire wouldnt hurt to try out
  3. 2

Lift kits for 3rd gen's

option 3 sounds like the right path i would take but i was also thinking the other day wut about the rear suspension of an explorer sport trac. the front of them are jus about the same as the suv with the IFS and the rear with a solid axle you jus yank out all the suspension components and...
  4. 2

BWM Brown Wire Mod 3rd Gen

and is there a way to switch it to 2x4 high instaed of using 2x4 low?
  5. 2

BWM Brown Wire Mod 3rd Gen

ok so i did the brown wire mod an works great but one thing. when im driving i can hear a whining sound coming from the transfer case an not sure what it is. any thoughts????
  6. 2

Clicking from the rear axle.

fixed the clicking sound okay so i found out wut that clicking sound was in the right rear. i pulled my tire off then my brake caliper an then the rotor. as i pulled off the rotor the e-brake brake pads fell out of the rotor but the shoes were still intact over the wheel bearing. so i checked...
  7. 2

Halo headlights

check this out. pretty kool for the X http://motors.shop.ebay.com/__?_from=R40&_trksid=p3984.m39.l1313&_nkw=ford+explorer+headlights+hid+halo&_sacat=
  8. 2

Auto 4x4 to 2wd, is it possible?

Brown wire mod? whats that? and the tranny wont get messed up at all? please tell me more
  9. 2

05 explorer loud humming noise while driving

i agree wit bobbronco aswell...also some of the 02-05 explorers in the rear had a bit of a mix up as mine did. some of the gears in the rear the teeth were manufactured wrong thus making a humming sound from the rear and ford did not address that problem. i had to replace my ring an pinion an...
  10. 2

thanks guys yea it does have cv axles in the rear so ima jus replace the wheel bearing an see if that solves it an if not then ill know its the cv axle. just tryin to save some money before i go an replace both. but the clicking is coming from the outside an not from underneath so im thinking...
  11. 2

i have an 02 explorer limited 4x4. i hear this clicking coming from the right rear axle between the speeds of 5-15 mph. it stops after i speed up. im thinking its the c.v. shaft but not sure. anyone have any thoughts?
Back