Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Prerunner/weekend toy Explorer

Awesome!
  2. N

Justin's 1992 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4

I really don't know, I haven't taken the time to figure it out yet?
  3. N

Thanks! On stock 15 x 7 Explorer wheels they only rub the sidewall on the inner fender and maybe the top of the inner fender if I'm really pushing it, no problems ever because both places are smooth. The slightly different offset/width of the 15 x 8 MRW's in the latest pics not only rubbed...
  4. N

Thanks! I literally beat the crap out of it on this run and it did everything I asked it to. A few places we went, to include the San Javier Road, were really rough. I only had a couple minor issues though, no biggie. Here's a few more pics-
  5. N

Here's some pics of my Explorer on vacation down in Baja last month. We drove about 2,000 miles total, 800 of it off-road. It was a great trip!
  6. N

Prerunner/weekend toy Explorer

*****en pics and video!
  7. N

I picked up two more beadlocks from MRW yesterday (thanks for hooking me up Brant), now I gotta get some tires.
  8. N

More width = increased stability, more wheel travel, more spring options, etc. Mine are +4 with coils, you can go +6, but I wouldn't do any more than +4 unless you go coil-over. Call and talk to Bobby, tell him what you're after and he'll set you up right.
  9. N

Thanks, I only paid $189 shipped for both of them, I couldn't pass it up. MRW lists the same wheel on thier website for $210 each I believe. My race truck has black wheels with orange beadlock rings, the idea is to have everything match.
  10. N

I picked up a smokin' deal on two brand new 15 x 8 MRW beadlock wheels yesterday. Off of eBay of all places! Now I just gotta get 2 more. I plan to put a set of 33 x 10.50 BFG M/T's on them. I plan to keep the A/T's for DD duties.
  11. N

I got a pretty good deal on a Lowrance HDS 5 Baja today.
  12. N

Comment by 'NWOff-Roader' in media 'Nice'

Very cool!
  13. N

I just got 110W Kenwood race radio set up from David @ Wright Racing for the old Explorer. If you're looking to buy a race radio I highly recommend buying from him. He gave me a great deal, programmed it with our freq list, and shipped it really quick.
  14. N

Thanks!
  15. N

Thanks! White has always been one of my favorites, stays clean longer and looks good for a long time. Clean and simple!
  16. N

The only thing I added after these pics were taken was another pair of Rigid LED driving lights up front and tow shackles on the bumpers. Here's a few more-
  17. N

I finally picked up my Explorer the week before last. It turned out great. I was really pleased with everything, the paint job was clean, the interior looks brand new, and all the fab work was right on. My favorite item of the build was the roof rack. I wanted maximum carrying capacity...
  18. N

Ahh, well, considering I already had the light rack and HIDs and I made some changes to the origonal design, probably about $1,000-$1,200 when it's all said and done. Well worth it not to have to put dirty tires and other bulky items inside anymore, especially after having the interior...
  19. N

Not a dumb question at all. They use all of the stock roof rack mounting points and then add two more "nutzerts" on the front side, so I beleive there will be five mounting points per side, ten total. When it's all said and done each mointing point will have a rubber gasket underneath it as...
  20. N

Comment by 'NWOff-Roader' in media 'pilchuck'

Looks great, very clean SAS.
  21. N

Comment by 'NWOff-Roader' in media 'Pumpkin Rear'

One of my favorites!
  22. N

Comment by 'NWOff-Roader' in media 'x8'

Cool pic!
Back