Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Instrument Panel Lights

After searching many times on this forum, I can't seem to get an answer to a question thats been bugging me for awhile. In a 2004 Explorer, what is the correct size for the instrument panel bulbs? The owner's manual just says "See Ford Dealer," which I don't really care to do. I've tried the...
  2. D

Explorer speaker dimensions?

Crutchfield Go to http://www.crutchfield.com and under "Car Audio/Video & GPS" click "Outfit my Car." Select the year, make and model, and whether you have a factory or aftermarket car stereo. On the page that loads after this, it will list "Factory Replacement Info" near the top of the page on...
  3. D

04 Not Starting - PATS/security system problem?

BigRondo - had battery tested and seems to be fine. The truck has been running fine ever since. And, since I just don't have the cash (or feel the need) to take it to the dealer at this point, I'm just writing this off as a fluke. Hopefully the battery doesn't die; it seems just fine - tested...
  4. D

BigRondo - I really appreciate all your help with this. I think it had something to do with the battery this morning, because I was getting very low lights and horn reaction when arming/disarming the alarm system. However, when I connected it to jump it, all the lights and chimes seemed to work...
  5. D

Security System Arming Itself?

Thanks for all the help guys! I lubed up the door locks and hinges and checked to make sure everything's closing properly. I'm sure It'll all work well for a few days - we'll see if it lasts! Thanks again!
  6. D

Ah! I hate whatever security system is on my Explorer! Now yesterday it was blocking me from starting the truck, but now today its fine. I was told that might be a PATS problem though, but who knows. This alarm seems to be wrecking havoc on the whole truck at this point. Is there anything I can...
  7. D

Well, went out this morning to start it and heard the click again. So, I moved my brother's truck and jumped it off of that. First time I turned the key, it had power on all accessories that it didn't before - stereo, lights, etc. Then, it sounded like it wanted to fire up and BANG the alarm...
  8. D

Yeah, tomorrow first thing I'm gonna go out and test it out, see if it'll jump or take a charge. I'll post what I find out on here then. Thanks for the quick input!
  9. D

I have a 2004 Explorer with nearly 50,000 miles on it. Today before work I went to start my Explorer and was met with problems. I used the keyless entry remote to unlock the vehicle, then put the key in the ignition. I was met with the car alarm going off when i turned the key to start the car...
  10. D

It's just the stock OEM security system on an 04 Explorer. I thought it could be that too, as some pretty noisy cars/trucks come down my street sometimes. The only thing that steered me away from that is that everyone in my family has security systems on their vehicles, whether they be...
  11. D

I purchased a 2004 Explorer back in November of 2009. About January of this year, I was awoken in the middle of the night to find my Explorer was out on the street where I park it, chirping every 3 to 5 minutes. This is has happens two more times since that night, but never happens during the...
  12. D

Hello Everyone!

Hello to all members! Just wanted to introduce myself, and my new-ish Explorer. I'm a new Explorer owner, and the 2004 XLS I just purchased is my first 4x4 vehicle. I already love it, and I got a heck of a deal on it. It's mainly stock (for now) except for a new Pioneer Head Unit and 12" Pioneer...
Back