Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

Solved Lifts and Max tire sizes

I got a set of 33x12.5x15 for my $250 ranger, It looks like it might have about a 2" lift on it though. I'm just going to keep cutting until they stop rubbing! lol
  2. G

Weird issue with 83 ranger 2.3

Timing advance is froze up, and the carb gaskets where blown.. lol, fixed it.
  3. G

Weird issue with 83 ranger 2.3

I got it from a coworker that replaced the head gasket, then proceeded to remove all vacuum lines and almost all the wiring under the hood. I set the timing, and capped off pretty much all vacuum lines. I can get it to start, but when I try to drive it looses all power and I have to keep the...
  4. G

4th cylinder misfire

I have the exact same issue with cylinder 8. Oreilly's said it would be $50 for new plug wires. I'll try switching them around later.
  5. G

Wierd noise, wierd clunk, HALP!!! what broke?

I know in an awd, different size tires will do major damage. So try this, stop driving it. go get that tire replaced, or all of them.
  6. G

Can I still use tires?

No new news?
  7. G

I am here, hello.. haha

I figured I would introduce myself. My name is levi and I live in tulsa ok I have a 2000 explorer xlt 5.0, and have had it for almost two years I dont see how to post pic's so here is a slideshow/vid I made a while back while I was bored. yes that is my bronco. but he nedded surgery I...
  8. G

My Worst Mishap...By Far

I would have.. cut the top off, build a cage, and gave it hell!!
  9. G

Can I still use tires?

If it shakes worse after they worked on your car, Easy fix. Take it back to them and explain everything. They will either fix it or let you know what's going on.
  10. G

Turning your sport 4wd to 2wd

mustang 4.6 + 5 speed trans custom driveshaft and front running gear from 2wd. and BAM awesome grocery getter
  11. G

Antifreeze smell & slow starting.

Sorry about it being in the wrong section, my DSM forum makes you only post in the newbie section when you are new to the site. There are no leaks, everything is completely dry, and it doesn't even get to the middle on the temp gauge. If it were a leak, that would be no problem, and I could...
  12. G

Stick shift and 5.0 + AWD explorer/mounty ?

I found a 96-00 5.0 awd that has some body damage, I was thinking of trying to make a rally car out of it. But I would have to make it a stick awd v8..:thumbsup: who would'nt enjoy that?
  13. G

Antifreeze smell & slow starting.

Ok this is my first post. I'v had my explorer for about two years, just recently i'v smelled antifreze after I get done driving. the smell is really faint, and only outside the vehicle. It does not everheat, and has plenty of power. Everyonce in a while it will take about 4-5 seconds to...
Back