Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Z

2005 XLT -- 5 Speed Swap M5OD

Hello everyone! Thanks in advance for the help and suggestions. I have a 2005 Explorer XLT with just at 100,000 miles on it. I have owned the truck for 7 years now and it has been a great vehicle. I have the 4.0 SOHC V6 and 2WD platform and I am always impressed with where this conglomerate of...
  2. Z

05 Headlight Issue

Hi all, Yesterday I went about installing the Error Code Eliminators from DDMTuning.com to pair with my existing DDM Tuning HID lights. I figured the Error Code Eliminators would stop the flickering issue I had when turning on my Explorer with the Auto Lamp feature. If my lights were switched...
  3. Z

Halo Fog Lights

Has anyone used these or something similar? I've got two broken fog lights enclosures and bulbs and are looking for something brighter to replace them with...
  4. Z

HIDs for 2005 EX

I'm looking to install some HIDs for my driving and fog lights on my 2005 Explorer XLT. The brighter the better. Anyone have any suggestions on a brand I can order online and do myself? Post pictures of yours if you have them so I can get a good idea of how they will look. Thanks
  5. Z

EXHAUST - I want it loud

I have a 2005 4.0 XLT and I'm looking at different mufflers to install. I like the deep, throaty v8 sound. Interior noise is no problem. I don't do much highway driving so the louder the better. Any suggestions on cat/muffler configurations that I could get done at my local muffler shops for...
  6. Z

M/Ts for a stock 2005 with 17'' wheels

I'm looking to put the biggest M/T's I can fit on my stock 2005 Explorer XLT 4.0 I'm thinking 265-70's will be the biggest I can go without trimming. Anyone have any pictures or brand suggestions so I can get a good idea of how it will look?
  7. Z

Biggest All Terrains I can put on 2005 EX

I've got a stock 2005 Explorer still on the original rugged trail tires. They are getting pretty worn so I've been looking into putting some bigger tires on. I really want to put some nice all terrains on and add a little manliness to my ride.. plus I'm moving out into the country and I'll be...
  8. Z

2005 XLT V6 Looking for intake options

Hey all- I just purchased a 2005 XLT 4.0 and LOVE IT. I'm really looking to keep the thing stock - I'm thinking about removing the running boards, putting on bigger AT's and trimming the not so fancy looking exhaust tip down till it is out of sight. (I really hate how they ran the pipe on the...
Back