Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Rear passenger windows strangeness...

Anybody have any advice or insight on this one?
  2. E

Rear passenger windows strangeness...

So the rear windows on the 06 XLT have started acting strange. Sometimes they go down (they always go back up if we can get them down) but many times, you have to open and close the door to get the power window on the back door to open or close. It does this regardless if you are using the...
  3. E

My serious Christmas oops

I wrote a walkthrough. Z06Vette unfortunately thats not how to do this repair. Also the Haynes guide was a complete waste of money for this. In fact, I intend to complain to them about this. For those interested, the walkthrough is here...
  4. E

2006 Explorer exterior door handle replacement

So not finding any good threads on how to actually do this, I figured why not document my experience so you can hopefully have a little easier time if this happens to you. This is on my wife's explorer XLT that I broke the handle on the drivers side rear door off. It was cold, okay...
  5. E

Extended Warranty - Is it worth it?

I would do it. My X's dont have any extended and I kinda wish they did. My 06 Mustang does and it has saved my keister a couple of times with the way I drive it.
  6. E

Second Opinion Needed: $600 to change roof drain tubes!

I'd find a way to remove the headliner myself and replace the part. $500 for labor is too much IMO. I took my 01 in for a tranny slipping issue after they did a PM on it. They told me anywhere from 1800-3500 bucks and that it was a full rebuild. I took it to a local shop and 345 dollars...
  7. E

A Rant: $106 to Change a Thermostat??!

Certainly sounds like a bad situation. I agree that 50 for a t-stat is too high. They should have just said min 1 hr labor at $95 bucks. So what if it is a 10 minute job. I think at the end the cost was reasonable. I also agree it was likely not a warranty item. As for the 06 having poor...
  8. E

Oil Light?

In the owners manual it tells you how to reset it. I dog eared the page so it's easy to find. I agree it's a PITA. But it is fun watching the quick lube idiots try to reset it. One time, I let the manager try for like 10 minutes before I finally started intervening and he was all indignent...
  9. E

2006 4x4 High Concern

I agree. Dont use on dry roads and expect this when turning. Works great on the snow, ice and mud though :)
  10. E

resetting the oil change warning on the computer.

It is in the owners manual for sure. Without seeing it, you go into the menu, goto Reset System or something like that, go to the Reset Oil Life (again similar) and hold down the button on that for about 3-5 seconds and voila. No more annoying light.
  11. E

Will 4x4 Auto every display a light on the dash?

I have deliberately tested this when my wife got hers and the 4x4 auto will not light the console, but it does engage properly. The only way I got the 4x4 indicator was to manually set to the 4x4 Hi or Low.
  12. E

Last time I did that, I literally tore my fingernail off, so I have sworn off that technique.:mad: But before that, it did work everytime:)
  13. E

So it's been pretty cold in Colorado today. This morning I went to open the rear drivers side door and it was frozen shut. I of course was freezing and in no mood to deal with a frozen door, so I yanked too hard and now have a broken exterior doorhandle. Has anyone ever replace the exterior...
Back