Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 5

5.0 Exhaust manifold gasket

I got the gaskets I just need to know the size of the bolts to use with the fms headers. Thnx
  2. 5

5.0 Exhaust manifold gasket

Whats up guys? I installed my ford racing headers a little while back and was too cheap to buy the stage 8 bolts and percys gaskets. The drivers side gasket blew out so now i have to do it all over again. My question is does anyone know the part #'s for the percy gaskets and the stage 8 bolts...
  3. 5

Towing with 97 mounty

It ended up being alright the trailer had 2 axles so the tng weight wasn't much. Definately gonna pickup a hitch this week. Don't like pushin my luck too much. Thanks for all the quick replies.
  4. 5

Towing with 97 mounty

Ok I know the bumper hitch is only rated at 3500lbs. The boat I plan on towing tommorow is a 20.5 ft and the weight is 3600-3700lbs. I know some people have twisted their bumpers a little. But do you think I'll be fine towing it for one time or I shouldn't even try it?
  5. 5

cleaned intake, MAF,IAC and then oil change...now CEL is on?

If you did an intake cleaning you might have gotten some fluid into the cylinders causing a slight misfire. If you pull the code it will probably be a p0300 radom cylinder misfire.
  6. 5

Egr - Check Engine Soon

Check for good vaccum going into your Egr Solenoid. If you have good vacuum there try having someone power braking and check the vacuum going to the Egr.
  7. 5

I think I have found my rims. What do ya'll think of these?

Here's my truck on 20" B-52's
  8. 5

Question on NY State Inspection

You can bring your truck to whatever shop u want to but you will have to pay the full $37.00 again. If you bring it back to the same shop within ten days it is free. By the way what did it fail for HC,CO, or Nox.
  9. 5

Clicking sound from under vehicle (97 5.0 AWD)

I have the same clicking noise from under my truck. A couple of nights ago I pulled the front driveshaft and the noise was gone. The cv joint that bolts up to t-case is binding up a little. Does anyone know if you can get the joint or do you have to buy the whole driveshaft.
  10. 5

Clicking sound from under vehicle (97 5.0 AWD)

Mike T I have the same exact noise you are talking about. I haven't had a chance to check it out but I think its the u-joints. I dont think its the clamps on the halfshaft because it is a constant noise. Also its definatly not a pebble in the tire because if you roll slowly and pop it into...
  11. 5

Show off your Wheels

Here's mine (dead links)
  12. 5

Obd-2 Help

Are you replacing the sensors that are downstream or upstream. The catalytic efficiency sensors are the sensors that are upstream (closer to exhaust manifold.)
  13. 5

20's Driving With Spare

Thanks for the responses
  14. 5

20's Driving With Spare

I'm guessing I won't chance it if I have a flat. Its gonna piss me off if I get a flat though. Do you guys think that driving a short distance like a couple of miles would do a lo of damage. Thanks
  15. 5

20's Driving With Spare

I have AWD so I was wondering if I had a flat in the back could I put the spare on the front and move a good front tire to the back. Thanks for the quick response.
  16. 5

20's Driving With Spare

I was wondering if anyone with oversized tires or rims had any trouble driving with their spare. I just bought Mondera B-52's for my truck but someone said that I wouldn't be able to use my stock spare. He said it would mess up my differential. Thanks in advance...
  17. 5

I got a ticket!

Yup it definately sucks but theres nothin you can do. I got a ticket about a month ago for 78 in a 65.
  18. 5

Got my windows tinted!

I've been doing the same thing. I keep putting off the window tinting because I'm afraid the front and back aren't going to match. Does anyone know what %tint it is in the back?
  19. 5

How long have your rear disc brakes lasted in miles?

I just changed mine today they are the OEM pads. I got 76,000 miles out of them.
  20. 5

Scanner lights??

Ok with your scanner if you want to control it with a switch this is what you should do. --Run a wire that gets constant power when the vehicle is either on or off. Run this wire to the power part of the switch. --Next run a wire from the load part of the switch (which is usually the...
  21. 5

billet grille at last!!!

It looks good! I wish I could get one for my truck. I would have to swap it to an X grill first and then add the billet. I guess Ill just stick with the Mounty grill till I get some more $$$$.
  22. 5

V8 Owners - What is your Avg. MPG?

I get around 12-13 with mixed driving and get about 15-16 highway
  23. 5

Under 80,000 mile club

97 Mounty 5.0 with 74,000 miles
  24. 5

Anyone with audio clips of explorers with exhaust?

Somebody has to have a clip of the 5.0 with a delta flow 40 series. I'm yet to hear one
  25. 5

'91 lowered with 20's

That's one sweet truck! Good work! I need some 20's on my ride
Back