Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

2002 Explorer is binding up, and popping when turning. Please help!

That was the problem. After replacing axles (cv joints), differental gears, bushings and wheel hub assemblies the viscous clutch was the issue. Thanks for the response. It is amazing how little information is out there about the AWD. Tons of information and help for 4WD but a lot of people...
  2. D

2002 Explorer is binding up, and popping when turning. Please help!

I know everyone is trying to be helpful, but most of the solutions/suggestion are related to a 4X4 Explorers. The question was specific to an AWD which has no controls inside or outside the vehicle (4 X 4 Explorers have a button or switch that allow you to set automatic or fulltime) I have the...
  3. D

5.0L V8 AWD ... Noisy Front Diff???

Additional info - I put the 30K on the explorer tolerating the noise from the front end after I exhausted everything I knew to do to try and diagnose and fix the problem. My back up plan was to keep driving it until the source of the noise finaly had a total failure. I would then know what to...
  4. D

5.0L V8 AWD ... Noisy Front Diff???

AWD noise and tire skip Very tough to find information on the AWD. Plenty available on the 4WD. First several post have said Ford did not have an AWD. Not true, they do. I have one. No controls of any kind in the cab or anywhere. You can't lock it in or set it to low. I have has this loud...
  5. D

Multiple electrical problems...

It was the battery, even though the battery gave me no indication it was going bad. It started with no problemes. After replacing the battery the probleme went away.
  6. D

How I changed my 05's Front Wheel Bearing

A couple notes. I just did this on my 2004 Explorer AWD. Front Driver side. First, in many of the forums it was suggested this would resolve "skipping" of the wheels in tight turns. I was skeptical. This was an issue I was having in addition to the grinding noise coming from the front end...
  7. D

Strange Test from message center

Battery might be the problem. I was researching an issue with my climate control resetting in cold weather. (Turned off when I start the car). Same symptoms described as for the Message Center issues in this post. No driving problems, just the reset. I found a post were someone else with the...
  8. D

Multiple electrical problems...

I have having the same issue with my climate control. I also have a 2004 Limited. No other symptons. I push the automatic button, reset the display to external temperature and adjust the desired temperature and the system works fine. Until recently, when I would get back in the car after it...
  9. D

radio display fix

Best fix for your radio display I have been researching this issue for about three weeks. I have reviewed all the postings. I went to Radio Shack and bought the soldering iron, silver solder and solder wick. Then, the more I thought about it, the more angree I got. I called Ford twice. They...
Back