Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Removing A/C

Thanks for the advice. I don't think I'm going to worry about spending $$$ to replace the A/C on a 10 year old car. Especially since I'll hardly ever use it. I need all the HP I can get with this power starved setup.
  2. E

Removing A/C

About a year ago, my compressor blew up. My mechanic warned me that the compressor would fail in six months to a year (said he heard the bearings going out). After he told me how much it was to replace/rebuild, I said forget about it. Living in the Pacific NW, I have no need for A/C. I was...
  3. E

60K Service ouch

I was having knocking/pinging/hesitation problems last week. After asking here on the board I went ahead and did a "decarbonizing" myself with seafoam and a can of carb cleaner. I also reset the computer by disconnecting the negative terminal for about 15 minutes. Results: the smoothest idle...
  4. E

valve rattle and acceleration stutter

they replaced the filter at the dealer service I had done.
  5. E

is replacing the FPR difficult for a home mechanic w/ no training? I'm pretty adept at doing brake jobs and the like. will I need any specialized tools? is it mechanical, electric, or both? is there a way to check it's function? Thanks.
  6. E

I have two problems that I don't think are related, but might be...you decide. The most pressing issue is that if I try to accelerate with the RPMs (I have a manual trans) below 2250, the engine stutters kind of like it's missing or the mixture is too rich (or when you try to shift too...
Back