Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Xfer Case or Extended CV Axles for spacer/UCA Lift

What is "duner's kit"? Do you have a link?
  2. M

haha, yeah, my mistake...I was actually looking at some transfer case issues as well when I typed this. My mistake. Yes, my front diff. My right cv pops out from the diff.
  3. M

Has anyone done or have experience with longer axles for the BTF lift? If not, has anyone dropped the transfer case a bit to compensate for the CV angles and length? Maybe I am the only one experiencing this but I am sure I am not. I have 2.5/1.75 BTF spacers and UCA. Extended sway bar...
  4. M

Ford 5r55s transmission problems, possible solenoid block?

Okay awesome and thanks for the response. I pulled the drain plug tonight and the fluid smells burnt. I will pull the pan and filter tomorrow I guess and see what I find. Quick question for anyone out there; will I see any indicators in the pan to lead me one way or another. Obviously if I'm...
  5. M

Michael/LTCpipkin Thanks for the reply. Just a quick question, after the solenoid block, did it fix your problems? I'll check the thread link out tonight when I get home. I am watching a new block on eBay and want to order it but if my symptoms were just like yours and it didn't fix it I'll...
  6. M

Also, what's the band adjustment everyone keeps talking about??
  7. M

I was driving yesterday at about 70mph and got a loud clunk and quick shudder. The od light came on shortly after. No check engine light bit the od light is steady flashing. The truck seems to drive and shift fine. Maybe a bit sluggish. Would this be the solenoid block as well???? Any help...
  8. M

For Sale Upper control arms... Extended WITH UNIBALL

Count me in! Gents if it's not too late. I would like to get in on an order. I'm ready to pay now and just down the street from BTF. I'm on the second set of joints and it's tearing up the truck. Please get back to me and let me know if I can get in on this still. I already have the full...
  9. M

Solved Lifts and Max tire sizes

Ronin8002, Thanks for the pictures buddy.......helped me make a decision on the tire and wheel set up for my Ex.... Ordered them today and they will go on with my BTF lift in about two weeks when I get home from deployment. I went with the ProComp 16x8, 0 offset and 4.5 backspace with...
  10. M

Thank you so much for your "safe travel wishes" I really appreciate it. With that said, do you have a side :yelexp:aspect shot of your rig you can post....looks like a nice set up, what lift are you running, etc...
  11. M

New Wheels and Tires Hey All, I am currently deployed in Afghanistan so bare with me for a bit cuz I want to ensure I ordering the right stuff before I get home next week. I just ordered the BTF Spacer kit (thanks Brandon, great service) and they are sitting in my buddy's garage for install...
  12. M

BTF Fabrication Explorer Lift Coil Spacer discussions

Brandon, can you send pictures, or do you know of someone who has picts of the limiting strap install? I guess my point is, where did you run the attaching points (bottom bolt of strut, but where to the top) and what length would you recommend. Also, I noticed you made some upper control...
  13. M

Look up on the thread........Brandon@BTF and send him an email. Highly recommended, Brandon is great on service and delivery was awesome. Can't wait to get home and put them on the ride.
  14. M

2.25" front spacer, 1.75" rear spacer kit Brandon, I just sent you an email on your website page for an order. I am still in Afghanistan but coming home next month. Looking to get a set a soon as possible so I can bang it out the first weekend I am back. 2.25" front spacer, 1.75" rear...
  15. M

Newbie from SOCAL

San Marcos, Ca. 30 miles north of SD
  16. M

Newbie from SOCAL

I have an 03 4x4 xls and love it. Newbie from SOCAL and I hear this is the place for all the dos and dont's of light Fords. Hope to meet some good peeps here with all the know-how.
Back