Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Broken Rear Lower Shock Mount

Northeastern Ohio road salt issue. :-( Work Vehicle 65 miles round trip, salt eats them up. Had bolts break off,but this is first time I had a mount break on a shock. Went to Pull-a-part yard yesterday before ordering the new...
  2. R

Thanks for the picture. Worked on finding the part this morning. Ford part site does not have this diagram. Went to two different Ford Dealers, they could not find any mounts except for the single sway shock mounts. The diagrams they had showed only a square leaf spring plate with no shock...
  3. R

Hi, Have 2000 Explorer 4Dr XLT Left rear lower shock mount broke off while I was driving home. Is it one piece with the Leaf spring plate that can be replaced? Or do Need to haave it welded. Thanks
  4. R

P O 420 issues

Hello All, This post is in reference to my daughter's Ford 2003 Escape 4WD. V6 3.0L engine. Around 100,000 miles. I need to replaced the RH exhaust manifold/cat (FireWall side) due to a PO 420 (Bank 1 catalyst system efficiency below the acceptable threshold.). Question: Are there any...
  5. R

2001-2004 Escape Alternator/Tone Ring/ Ball Joint Install

Thanks for the Post with Pictures. Doing research for Daughter's 2003 Escape V6, Has a Code PO 420, Shop says it need new Exhaust Manifold/converter (Rear/Left Side) .(Had issues with misfiring and had to replaced couple coil packs.) One of the steps is to remove right axle shafts and the...
  6. R

Fog Lamp Mod 2001 (1999-2001?) Explorer

Your Photo looks like the Auxiliary Relay Box #1. The empty small relay slot would have been the Isolation Relay. Looks like you early build, this mod will not work.
  7. R

First picture of the relays near air box is the Auxiliary Relay Box #1. The small empty slot is where the isolation relay should be located. If your fog lamps work now in normal operation with this slot empty, them your Explorer is an early build and this mod will not work. Sorry I don't...
  8. R

2000 Explorer blows #26 fuse HELP!!!!

Great malawiman, I been checking off & on to see if you solved it. Thanks for leading me to this thread. Big thanks to the guy helping us solve our problem. jbd172002 97 explorer wiring little diffrent than 2000, but these guys (budwich,2000StreetRod) were able to leads us in the right...
  9. R

Dimmer module C219 is next to Head light switch. It is the one with the turn wheel for the dome lights.
  10. R

Electric Shift Control Module (10 PinS) Yellow wire to Slot #7 for Pin #7 Is Hot with the shift control module unplugged? If #7 slot is Hot with the Electric Shift Control Module unplugged and the electric shift motor unplugged,then you do have a Shorted wire, More burn wires somewhere. Pull...
  11. R

Per diagram Tan/yellow wire Feed from Fuse # 26 10A (Hot at all Times),#1 & # 5 pin on the Battery Saver Relay. Is Fuse #26 still blown? If so #1 & #5 Pins should not be hot on the BS Relay. Check for short here( a starting point).
  12. R

workb4play No fuses in this box Look at aldive's post #30 page 2. Picture of auxiliary relay box #1...it is the same as mine. Auxiliary Box #1 is on the Right side under air intake area,under Upper radiator hose. If there is no Relay in the Isolation relay spot then you have a early build...
  13. R

Tried the Mod today. 2000 Explorer (Late Build). Cut the #2 pin off Isolation Relay in the Auxiliary Relay Box #1. WoW, Fog Lites with High Beams. Thanks.
  14. R

malawiman79, From what I understand from the power windows diagrams, the Accessory Delay Relay control the power to the windows. Pin 86 from the Battery relay Pin #3 (Fuse #26 source to energize ACC Delay Relay) Pin 85 From the GEM Pin #17 (Control of the Accessory Relay) Pin 87 from...
  15. R

malawiman79 Don't know if this will help, but I took 2 (one big & one small) old relays cut the top off and soldered about 20 inches of wire to each pin, tagged wire with pin # to make test plugs for the relay module box. It made it easier for me to test the wiring for the different circuits...
  16. R

4x4 & low 4x4 flashing

Built Ford Tought: On 2000 explorer #26 fuse powers Battery Saver Relay then branches off from there. Acc Delay relay, One Touch Relay, Interior Lamp Relay, Drimmer Relay etc. Wired from fuse to Relay Module (Located above the gas pedal,behind radio). Test for Shorts from the Relay Module...
  17. R

Thanks everyone, R146rick 2000 Explorer. Able to use Brother in laws garage today. Found the #3 Pin Grounded on battery saver relay (Thanks budwich). Left meter hooked up to # 3 and started disconnecting everything that I could find going to it. Ended up the Driver's side Sun Visor was...
  18. R

Thanks budwich This is R146rick Have not worked on mine today,will not be able to till saturday. Checking the post before bed . I was missing the point :-) thanks,I see what you're saying about coil power and the ground. GEM controls the relays thru grounding them, Thanks for teaching this...
  19. R

On 2000 explorer: Relay module Above right of gas pedal or lower left of AC/Heater/radio. It is a ugly place (Behind the center console). Fuse #26 to Pins #1 and #5 on Battery Saver Relay Hot at all Times per the Circuit diagrams. Different than the 96. Thanks R146rick
  20. R

Thanks. I have tested the relays with a meter and swap them with spares I had. Also bought one new relay to try. Been wondering about that compass/outside air temp module, it's working. Courtesy lamps diagram shows it is on the same circuit connected to #3 on the Battery Saver relay. You...
  21. R

Well unplug the (Grey Box) Electric shift control Module reconnected the battery & # 26 fuse blows ;-(. Note disconnected the Auto/4Hi/4Lo switch also blew another #26 10amp fuse. So far here what I have: Battery Saver relay out is the only thing that stops #26 from blowing. Battery Saver...
  22. R

Got to love them, Hook all those circuits to one 10 amp fuse. ;-{ R146rick
  23. R

Thanks budwich for the infor. With all relays out but the battery saver relay still in the #26 fuse blows. From my 2000 explorer diagrams I downloaded from Auto Zone, #26 fuse thru the Battery Saver Relay (Pin 3) feeds all the other relays plus the electric Shift control module, couresty...
  24. R

Thanks,I found grey box with ten pin in the collecttion of electrical parts. downloaded the diagram for the electric shifter control module I see the #26 feeds it. Will pull radio tomorrow and unplug the electric shift control module to see if #26 fuse stops blowing. R146rick
  25. R

If the grey box was the Electric Shift Control Module, and it was unplugged then Trans will not be shifting correct? R146rick
Back