Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Rear axle problem ( play in pasenger Hub )

Just did the rear brakes on my '97 Explorer and both sides had about 1/8 inch play.
  2. J

Cruise Control Jerky

It's definitely not the brakes being applied. :confused: The gas pedal is not sticky or difficult to move. When the cruise control is off, the truck is very smooth while maintaining speed going down hill. It does feel like the cruise control is not providing a smooth input to the throttle...
  3. J

Cruise Control Jerky

When using the cruise control, the truck will jerk/lurch when the engine is not under load, i.e. going down hill. The truck does not exhibit this jerk/lurch when the cruise control is disconnected. At first I thought that maybe there was a vacumn leak, but I understand that the cruise control...
  4. J

Air will not come out through the vents

I thought that I had throughly checked the vacuum line... Turns out the line to the water valve vacuum motor had touched the exhaust manifold and was leaking. A quick splice and everthing is back to normal.
  5. J

I hadn't seen that link. Thanks. Looks like I be replacing the function selector vacuum valve.
  6. J

I have a similar problem on my 97 XLT Explorer 4x4 w/ 3 knob A/C control. When using Max A/C and going up a hill, the vent shifts to defrost. I assume that I have a vacuum leak in the lines to the vent system somewhere. I checked the vacuum canister and the vacuum line from the engine...
Back