Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Thermostat Housing Leak, 01 S/T

so i just pulled mine off....you dont need to pull the intake manafold :-) but now i need to find the part any websites?
  2. C

5R55E Limp mode or lock out mode?

so i have herd the same definition used for "limp mode" and "lockout" ether way. my sport trac 5R55E transmission has started to blink the o/d off light once i get to 45mph. the shop i took it to first said 2k full mechanical rebuild. then i took it to another shop and they said cant tell for...
  3. C

How to: 5R55E Valve Body Rebuild Diary

no codes.... tried several times, a modis wont even pull anything. all i was told was it was mechanical and had nothing to do with pressure, from what i have read "limp mode" does have to do with pressure? they gave me a price of about 2k (i thought it was weird they wouldnt get into detail...
  4. C

i need to know more about this "limp mode" i think thats what my sport trac is in, my o/d off light keeps flashing when i get to 45mph.... i took it in an thats what they told me. so is this something that the epc solenoid would fix?
  5. C

5R55E Valve body hello so i have a 01 explorer sport trac 132k... took it in to a transmission shop because my o/d off light starts flashing once i reach 45 mph. they told me that my trans is in lockout mode? can that be caused from the EPC solenoid and the valve body gasket leak? plus i have...
  6. C

2001 ford explorer sport trac gear pressure ratings

yea i plugged in my obd 2 and no codes came up went to aamco and they said to do a full rebuild, how ever i work in the same parking lot as a mechanic shop that does transmissions and i had the owner looked at it and said that the 5R55E which he thinks is my tranny has a known very bad problem...
  7. C

2001 sport trac automatic transmission

does any one know what the transmission is in it? 5R55W?
  8. C

2001 ford explorer sport trac gear pressure ratings

hey, so i have a 2001 sport trac that the o/d off light has started to flash on the high way or just anytime i drive at 45 mph or over for more than 30 seconds?? I am looking into the tranny pressure ratings for 3rd or over drive?? does anyone have the ratings?? plus when i bought the explorer...
  9. C

how do i remove the auto trans in my 92 explorer?

so i bought my second explorer the other day with 109k on it, when i took it for a test drive it didnt show any signs of tranny problems. However once i purchased the vehicle i took it out on the free way, in over drive right around 55-60 mph it starts to make a flapping and hitting sound...
Back