Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

Coil overs

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=330954 Has anyone tried this on a lowered truck yet? it could be easier to if you are removing the axle shaft to make it 2wd.
  2. H

Annoying beep

My airbags are fine and I have no lights on my dash lit up when you have a burnt out warning light the truck will beep so you know there is a problem!
  3. H

Annoying beep

it beeps five times then again and again! It could be you have a burnt out warnings light on the dash. mine does the same thing because my airbag has been removed and i removed the bulb in the dash. It does it for the ABS as well.
  4. H

Harsh Ride

are you hitting the bump stops?
  5. H

Ranger Drop Arms on a 2ndgen Ex?

I believe the explorer doesn't have upper spring pockets!
  6. H

New user woes!!

hope they check the fuel pump shut off!
  7. H

WTD: 2WD Bracket

Got the truck down on the factory 96 ranger I-Beams on the week end. Some little hic-ups but it all worked. Now it has a 8.8 disc brake diff M5R1 2wd Trans 3 1/2 aluminum drive shaft 17x9 Cobra rims with 255/40z17 tires
  8. H

got a truck today! yah! now I can keep going on my truck. I have already put disc brake 8.8 and 2wd trans. 3.5 inch aluminum drive shaft and lowered the back 3-4 inches. My 99 cobra R type rims and 255/40r17's are coming this week. Now I have the 2wd bracket. I just need lowing I-beams.
  9. H

My truck is a 89 b2 I need the 2wd passenger side I beam hanger. The that mounts to engine cross member. I'm doing a 2wd conversion. Or if you can get one I will pay to get one! In canada not many trucks were 2wd. Thanks for any help
  10. H

Door Panel

Well 2dr and 4dr are different. so one might fit.
  11. H

Door Panel

Can i swap a Explorer door panel onto my 89 b2? I hate where the window switches are on the b2. Thanks
  12. H

4wd to 2wd conversion

Things that i should have found out the sunday! trak width is the same, when its in the explorer. it has the same width as the rear. the truck is done, the ranger cross member worked. once the engine is done it can go in. So ryan the axle pivot backets would have been all i needed:eek:
  13. H

4wd to 2wd conversion

A 2wd explorers are hard to find in canada. i've seen one in about 5 years. And i worked in a ford auto wrecker.
  14. H

4wd to 2wd conversion

stripped the 4wd out today. monday the point of no return, cutting the crossmenber out.
  15. H

4wd to 2wd conversion

I stripped my 2wd ranger frame. I had to buy a right hand spring pocket from ford, it that a rust hole the size of a soft ball. monday i remove the engine and start the conversion. the list of new parts is very long. Poly bushings new 2" lowering coils from canuck motorsports poly axle...
  16. H

4wd to 2wd conversion

if it was that simple i would be done the truck. if you install the 2wd i-beams the camber is way out. the beam mounts are to tall. and to change the axle pivots brackets you have to change the engine cross member, the 4wd cross member is notched for the front diff (right where the 2wd...
  17. H

4wd to 2wd conversion

Apparently you havent read my post 94 explorer. most if not all are about 95+
  18. H

4wd to 2wd conversion

Today i started my swap. I have read what people think they know about the conversion. but no one i found knows anything. I found a 2wd frame and i'm in the middle of stripping it. if anyone has done it i would like some input. my truck is a 94 2dr sport.
  19. H

Turning your sport 4wd to 2wd

what year of truck are you working with?
Back