Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Suspension Kits

Thanks JohnnyO. I will start with the shocks and MOOG front sway bar end links and see how that feels. Any recommendations on best shocks for my truck?
  2. S

Suspension Kits

Have a 2002 Sport Trac 4x2. Replacing the tires and the shocks. With the light back end, at times the steering is not firm especially on the highway. Since I am doing the above, I was thinking about adding a rear sway bar and that led me to wonder if a kit from Explorer Express makes...
  3. S

2001 Sport Trac 5R55E transmission 2nd rebuild

I am a relative newby so bear with my questions. My 2001 sport trac transmission just failed for the 2nd time; have about 135,000 miles on the truck. The truck was towed to the nearest transmission shop (Aamco) after the transmission completely failed while my son was driving and at stop...
  4. S

Radio Bezel Removal

Thanks for the help and direction. I will work on it further this weekend if we don't float away in California. Any thing special about removing the cigarette lighter? It looks like the connection is soldered. Does it just have to be twisted to remove it from the bezel?
  5. S

Radio Bezel Removal

Thanks for the thoughts but I am a novice so need help with basics. I can remove the bezel with the two screws but it has all of the components attached. I am trying to get to just the bezel so I can paint it. How do you remove the cigarette lighter? Radio? And, rear window control...
  6. S

Radio Bezel Removal

I am in the process of cleaning up the interior of my 2001 Sport Trac. Project 1 complete - Recovered console lid and that looks great. Now painting several parts due to chipping paint and wear. Know how to remove the center console with the cup holders. I am removing the radio bezel...
  7. S

center console

Steve, Just sent you an email. Thanks
  8. S

center console

Center Console and Other Interior Redo 2002 Sport Trac Chad551, Thanks for the input. Steve, Look forward to more ideas/direction. Big John, Haven't decided color yet. Currently it is a light grey/silver shade. Any suggestions to make it more "fun"?
  9. S

center console

Center Console and Other Interior Redo 2002 Sport Trac First, I am a newbie to the site so I appreciate any feedback in advance. I am working on cleaning up the interior of my 2002 sport trac. The picture and info from ncranchero was very helpful AND I was was able to actually remove the...
Back