Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

no crank/ no start

well, as a update. the rig is now fixed again, it was indeed the starter, had the shop do it, got done in a hour where it took me 4 hours on the ground.
  2. F

no crank/ no start

that one time that i did get a start, it cranked normally, and just before it kicked over, the starter began to turn very slowly and then it kicked, no lights on the dash dim when attempting to crank and the fog lights do not dim when attempting to crank.
  3. F

no crank/ no start

i am at a loss, i would rather not take the starter out again as they are a PIA to get out. and i would also rather not have it towed back up to my local friendly garage and have another 150 dollar towing bill, any suggestions or ideas? or just get it towed?
  4. F

no crank/ no start

all the lights come on as they normally would when you start it, but when i attemp to crank it the brake warning light comes on and the airbag light dims a little, but now once again, it will not start
  5. F

no crank/ no start

all the relays are clicking except for the starter solenoid, i just took the cover off for the steering column bumped something and it kicked right over, i really dont know what i did
  6. F

no crank/ no start

ok, long story short, went out this morning, to go to my first class of the day and the rig wont kick over, as the title says, no crank/ no start condition. fuel pump works, got 12.5 volts, got power down to the starter, no power to the control wire need to test the ignition switch? or keep...
  7. F

lift advice

as a little experiment after i got the rig inspected, i did a torsion twist, got about 5 inches out of it, and somewhat easy and somewhat cheap way to lift the rear about the same about?
  8. F

stupid HID question

its a stupid but hopefully simple HID question. im just a little confused, i have the bi-xenon kit from DDMtuning. concerning the "high-beam" is the lowbeam supposed to be more into the back of the housing or the front of the housing. im just a tad bit confused and im not sure if i crossed a...
  9. F

altenator?

They said it was a bad ground at the battery, this was caused by something I never could of seen, it was the corrosion under the wire insulation that I never could of seen and therefore did not suspect.
  10. F

altenator?

What I was told from the shop is that is was a bad ground at the battery
  11. F

altenator?

got it back from the shop, turned out it was stupid issue. bad ground, runs like a champ
  12. F

Problem with windows and moon roof.

check your grounds. could be the problem
  13. F

altenator?

brand new battery, took it back, it ended up having 2 bad cells, with the new battery now nothing but clicking so its going to the shop
  14. F

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

i got 124,091 on my 01 sport and shes currently down.
  15. F

trans removal help asap!

just my opinion, pry bar and a hammer. just me though
  16. F

Done search! Front Diff Fluid Change-'04!

i don't think there would be a better way, just loosen all the bolts up and pry it off and then replace the gasket
  17. F

altenator?

i have personally given up on trying to fix it myself, we will be renewing out AAA and the rig will be getting towed to the shop, when i have more info i will update on what it was and how it was fixed with the what seems to be the most recent problem, but it could have been the issue from the...
  18. F

altenator?

i seem to have some sort of little gremlin hiding in this rig, NEW battery, NEW altenator, and NEW starter, hook everything up, none of the interior lights come on and one of the relays under the dash keeps clicking, turn the dimmer off and the 4x4CM starts clicking, could it be possible that...
  19. F

altenator?

I have continuity through all the cables,the new battery was on the charger, still no starting, all of the starts were with driving, and just as a "test", I hooked it up to a known good system on my friends explorer and it did not start his.
  20. F

altenator?

ok, still tracking something down, replaced the altenator with a 60 dollar JY one thats been tested for amperage, still no start, but once it starts, it runs GREAT, only problem is, cant get it to start. any ideas on how to get this beast cranked?
  21. F

altenator?

the only thing that i could think of is that the altenator is putting out the right voltage but not the right amperage, and i do not have a ammeter that can measure up to 140 amps, i do know that the spec is that below 59 amps it is a bad altenator
  22. F

altenator?

battery light is not on, copper is very clean, i scrubbed the heck out of it, also did a drain test, come up with a draw of 10mA, all the connections are good, kept looking ing over them, all are good and tight
  23. F

altenator?

it is a brand new 'ever start MAXX' battery, tested good, 849 CCA out of 850and they will not replace it because it tested good for them
  24. F

altenator?

for any and all who are following my problem, i replaced the starter, and still not starting, hooked it up to another car for about 15 min, clicked, slowly cranked, clicked some more and then cranked over, i cannot shut it down, if i do will not re-fire, i believe that the altenator is not...
  25. F

How often do you Floor Your Ex

i have been told that my 01 sport smells horrible when i do, so i try to keep the revs to no more than 2000, 2500 going up the hills and i try to avoid highways
Back