Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

02 explorer 4x4 not working

Yes the drive shaft is still there. with the ex on jack stands in 4 hi the rt front tire will spin very slowly but if i put my hand on the tire to put some resistance on it it stops and will not start back.Is there any clutches in the t/c.
  2. S

we actually have snow here now and that is how i noticed that the front tires were not pulling. Plus i just bought the explorer a few weeks ago. When i shift to 4high i dont here or feel anything but when i am in neutural and shift to 4low i do feel and here a clunk but the front tires still...
  3. S

I am thinking the transfer case is engaging because when i go into netural and press the 4low i have low range gears but no front end pull. But i may be wrong. Does that still lead to the solenoid?
  4. S

02 explorer heat problem

When i select the blend knob to floor the heat comes out defrost and a little in the floor but all the rest of the selections work like they should. don't knpow if it is a vacume problem or a blend door. any ideas?
  5. S

02 ford explorer 4.6L auto 4x4 does not engage front tires and i can press the 4 high button the 4 high light comes on but still won't engage front end, 4low does the same the 4 low light comes on and it goes in low range but still does mot engage front end, only rear tires spin. anybody have a...
Back