Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

brush guard install help

how did you make out?
  2. S

Winch Sizes.

i too have a badlands winch on mine, only a 9000 tho but has worked flawless for me for about a year now. i think i was only 179 with a coupon and 20% off.
  3. S

brush guard install help

you need brackets that use one bumper bolt and one bolt through the hole in the frame. pass side driver side front view
  4. S

Thoughts on this Explorer

You must be down near vineland, millvile area for that sales tax
  5. S

Best AT Tire

I have 31 General at 2s for the past 3 years, I do a lot of driving on a off the road never got stuck, and still have about 80-85% tread left
  6. S

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

I posted by this thread before, but to update my 99 4.0 OHV just hit 270,000 miles. Its got a small oil leak, a miss at idle, but still does everything I ask of it.
  7. S

custom brush guard and roof basket

looks great man, very clean. I'm sure thats built better and for less money then to buy one.
  8. S

Bigger Tires

those tires will fit no problem. just search tire sizes on here and you will find the chart with all sizes and lifts needed.
  9. S

FNG - Other-Than-Explorer driver

Loving the action shot.. welcome to the forum
  10. S

Interior Lighting Assistance

What about in the cargo area along the side. That would look good as well as being functional.
  11. S

Parting Out 2000 Explorer XLS

Thank you much appreciated. Yeah I'm not worried about rust, figured with only 105,x.. miles they should be in better shape then mine with over 254,x.. and could you give a price, you said the truck was aaOHV right?
  12. S

Haha yeah what can you do. My brother has a Rubi. They are good for testing out the winch when they get stuck. Lol I'm very similar with Mullica twp. Was looking at house out there right next to nesco liq. But anyway maybe next weekend if we do get a bit of snow on Wednesday we can try to meet...
  13. S

dont mean to pirate your thread, but i saw that you said your in Hammonton, i just bought a house in Hammonton, and grew up in Winslow, i always keep an eye out for other members on the roads, but i dont think i ever saw yours. Good luck with your sales, maybe someday we could do a wharton run.
  14. S

February 2014 TOTM - 1st Generation Rigs

voted, gotta keep it in Jersey.. all three are very impressing rigs..
  15. S

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

99 sport that just turned 253,000 miles and still does everything i ask of it..
  16. S

99 explorer sport

if they told you about the timing chains, then im assuming you have the SOHC engine which is different then what i havem so i cant say how hard it would be to change hopefully some with more insight in doing this will chrime in
  17. S

99 explorer sport

What engine does your sport have? i fixed the heads on mine, id say go for it. BTW i have the OHV. if you do decide to fix it save some money and check out ClearWater Cyclinder Heads, great price for complete heads and pretty good customer service.
  18. S

Hi From South Jersey

Nice another south jersey member
  19. S

Picking up a 2000 5.0 right now

You can fit 31s with out any lift. But I doubt you'll stop there especially since you are aware of this website. Lol. And from what I read the 5.0 is the best motor to have in a X. As far as off road I'm sure others will back me up in saying the explorer can handle a lot of trails with little...
  20. S

Picking up a 2000 5.0 right now

looks like regular surface rust to me.. what does the rest of the truck look like?
  21. S

Winch Size?

yeah i think i paid 279.99 for my 9000, the problem is i had it for 6 months and still havent but it in my X, lol not sure how i want to mount it. i always see memebers and hw they did theirs and im like yeah thats what i going to do, until i see a didnt way.... anyway good luck on which ever...
  22. S

Winch Size?

i got the 9000 badlands winch from HF that was on sale for less the cost of the 6000 one, if your not in a hurry, i would wait and keep an eye out for their sales, which that usually have once a month,
  23. S

Brush guard mounts

Looking forward to it
  24. S

Brush guard mounts

no problem man, good luck on it. send me a pic when you finally get it insalled, id like to see it.
Back