Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Saginaw ps pump

Should specify my vehicle is a 2003 mounty 4.0
  2. S

Saginaw ps pump

Just wondering if anyone here has converted to a gm style ps pump?
  3. S

Rack and pinion symptoms

Well, It turns out my rack and pinion is bad. I had no leaks, but when I checked the tie rod ends they were bad also... So I replaced them. Took it for a spin around the block and noticed a new symptom. There was a shudder in the steering around tight turns. I found a reman rack for $125. Is...
  4. S

Rack and pinion symptoms

It was never mentioned when I bought it, but after looking at it... It has had to have been serviced, but not by a professional. Two of the bolts were clearly not oem like the others.
  5. S

Rack and pinion symptoms

What are the tell tale symptoms of a bad rack and pinion? I have a 03 mounty, while driving it feels kind of unstable and I have to keep the wheel to the right a little to go straight. It also has a kind of shudder going over bumps. I was advised to check the ball joints and they are solid...
  6. S

2000 ranger lean bank 1

I've done many searches previously for a lean bank 2 problem. I found a vacuum leak at the upper intake manifold, so I replaced the gaskets. Cool, cel went off for a while and then came back on with p0171 code. I read that this is lean bank 1, I couldn't find any vacuum leaks this time so I...
  7. S

steering problems

I've got a 2003 mountaineer v6 awd. I've noticed that my steering is wondering quite a bit and I have to hold the wheel to the right a little to stay straight. There is also a clunk noise when im turning slow in parking lots. Also when I looked at the tires the inside of both front tires are...
  8. S

4.0 question

Just out of curiosity, were there any diesel rangers?
  9. S

4.0 question

I drive pretty easy, keep it under 70mph, and try to keep the rpms under 2k. Its very well maintained and only 75k miles. Ill take a look at that thread. Im up for bout anything that will help
  10. S

4.0 question

And it seems to me that there's not a lot you can do to make it much better... am I right? The "obvious" mods are relatively expensive compared to what little fuel you would save?
  11. S

4.0 question

I know these engines are notorious for their not so great gas mileage, but what exactly makes them so inefficient? I've got a 2000 ranger ohv and its gettin around 15 city... which I understand is average, but why. I've seen v-8s get better... nothing against my truck but id like some explanation.
  12. S

Help! ex wont start

My 93 explorer was running rough. Bogging and had a rough idle. I cleaned the MAF, and throttle body today and after I got everything back together it started and then died. At first it was trying to start but now it just turns over. The engine light was on before I even cleaned the MAF and...
Back