Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Need some help with 1988 Ranger pls

Well, ok I could have saved myself a ton of time if I had just asked here first. Went to the site, put in interior window handle, and there it was....first item. Ordered it and now I can move on. THANK YOU MY_POS_MOUNTY!!!!! Again this forum has been there for me. Next time I come here...
  2. L

Need some help with 1988 Ranger pls

Hi all !!! You all were such a help with my Explorer and the wipers (which by the way thanks to all of you the 'ghost' wipers are no-more) and such I thought I would ask for some help again, please. When my father passed away, he left me his 1988 Ford Ranger XLT. My son owned it for a bit...
  3. L

The best brand of windshield wipers????

Ok you wonderful guys out there !! I received my new Bosch wipers today. Now all I have to do is figure out how to get them on since it is supposed to be raining the next three days here and I have a lot of errands to run. I will figure it out....I hope !!! Will let you know !!! Linda
  4. L

WOW !!! See you guys are just the best !!! I knew I just had to ask. My back one is really worse than yours was, Toypaseo. It is really bad. I can stand a bad wiper unless it is the back one and the driver's side. My driver's side is leaving a streak un-wiped about 7 inches wide right in...
  5. L

Ok, you guys were the best when it came to helping me with my 'ghost wipers'. Because of all the advise I got, they are still working great !! Now I want to get the best brand of wipers for my 1999 Explorer. As you know, there are tons of wipers on the market. My wipers are missing large...
  6. L

Wipers run on their own

Ok it has been a couple weeks now and NO GHOST WIPERS....You guys are the best. I hope it lasts but for now all is well. I also fixed my dad's old ranger. The steering column was locking up when you turned it. It turned out to be that the screws holding the column cover was very loose so it...
  7. L

Wipers run on their own

Well, two days and a lot of doing what would have started them on their own last week including a very fast drive down I-285 around Atlanta !! Woo-Hoo!!! Love that speed...just lucky I didn't get caught. Still fixed...no 'ghost' wipers...yet !!! Fingers crossed this worked !!! Thanks...
  8. L

Wipers run on their own

ok, took the switch off today. Didn't see much corrosion there. Took it apart like the Google picture above showed. Totally worse than the picture above. I cleaned everything and put dielectric grease on it all, put it back together, put it back in the steering wheel and it all still works...
  9. L

Wipers run on their own

Documentation would be great but only if you have time for it. I can do anything with instructions and pictures. I found a switch on a site for $49.99 for it. But I am hoping I won't need it. But even $49.99 is better than over $300 which is what a mechanic was going to charge me to fix it...
  10. L

Wipers run on their own

Thanks all and Thanks Rollinstone for the laugh. You wouldn't think it was so funny if it scared the crap out of you every time they came on ... LOL I went to AutoZone yesterday and got some dielectric grease. I walked in and looked around and finally ask for help. They showed me this...
  11. L

Wipers run on their own

Thank you again !!! This is a great forum !!! I have to say I never expected an answer much less one within an hour of posting so thank you so much !!!
  12. L

Wipers run on their own

How do I clean the contacts? Just wipe them off or is there something I need to get to clean them with? Just thought about this.....
  13. L

Wipers run on their own

Thank you !!! I will try this method this weekend. I found a video on how to remove it so I am all set to do this now. Thank you so much !!!!
  14. L

Wipers run on their own

I will be riding down the road and all of a sudden my wipers come on. The faster I go the more they do it. They also come on by themselves when I use the turn signal. The right one will not go all the way down where it belongs and I believe this might be the reason they start on their own...
Back