Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

I changed my own plugs & coils- 2 issues

The service advisor handling it also said #4 had low compression as well. The old one is just a core now, it will just get packed up and sent back to Ford.
  2. P

The truck has about 200k (but is surprisingly clean) ...the owner was given the option of a tear down/rebuild vs. engine replacement, the latter having less down time. There is a business name on the door, we all know time is money.
  3. P

There was a cylinder #4 misfire that wouldn’t go away no matter what.
  4. P

I guess it depends largely on where you are and the reputation of the dealership. I have a 2012 F150 in the bay right in front of me getting a customer pay 5.0 replacement. We have a pretty good mix of customer pay and warranty work.
  5. P

Well, since the manufacturer and dealer send their techs to school to learn how to fix their products, I’m thinking they are the most trained lol...I’m pretty sure they don’t let independent guys in those classes. It’s 2018...if there are people driving that don’t know that the labor rate at a...
  6. P

Factory "Air Deflector" kit

They didn’t say...but by the way it’s angled, the glass and hatch should stay cleaner. Similar to the 4Runners. Maybe it does...I can’t comment on the Ford designers/engineers, but it’s probably the only Explorer in the country with it! lol Yes, me too...we traded both our 4th gens so I had no...
  7. P

Factory "Air Deflector" kit

The person I sold this spoiler to sent me some pics the other day of it painted and mounted!...
  8. P

For Sale 4th Gen Ford/Motorcraft Parts

First post updated with what I have left. Thanks for looking!
  9. P

My Spark Plug Change - 2006 EB 4.6L V8

Good job!...I have a brand new Ford/Motorcraft water pump for sale with a couple small coolant hoses I’ll throw in for free. Click the link in my sig...I have a bunch of Ford/Motorcraft parts for sale for 2006-2010 Explorer!
  10. P

Rear Wheel Bearing: Assembly Substitute?

I have brand new Ford/Motorcraft rear wheel bearings, hubs, with new snap rings for sale. Click the link in my signature!
  11. P

'07 Upper Ball Joints

Ford only services the upper ball joint with the whole arm, that’s why there’s no snap ring on the old ones...but the aftermarket replacement needs to be held in somehow, so they use a snap ring.
  12. P

New Motorcraft front hub, but wire is different

Weird they would sell you a 2005 part for your 2006 vehicle...I would have sold you the correct Ford/Motorcraft one for that price! Let me know if you need anything else, I'm trying to get rid of this pile of parts I have.
  13. P

Crager Soft 8 rims...will this work?

That’s not a ‘+’ sign lol, it says ‘et’ The stock rims on mine were 18s Christobal65...looks good!
  14. P

Search the part numbers in the pics, they are priced way below retail!
  15. P

I think you have it backwards, offset doesn’t work that way...the lower the number, the more the wheel is pushed out, the higher the number, the more the wheel is pulled in. With the tire size I was using, I could push them out another 5mm more than the front without it poking past the body.
  16. P

I’m sorry...not trying to be an ass, but your post is a little confusing. This is what I was running on my 4th gen... 19x9.5 et35mm offset front with 255/ 50R19 19x9.5 et30mm offset rear with 285/ 45R19 ...no rubbing inside or out at stock ride height. You don’t necessarily have to go that...
  17. P

My '07 Limited V8 'Garage Thread'

From the FORScan Tutorial... “There are two different ways to program your truck with FORScan. One is a basic way where the user is presented with plain English wording about the modification and choice(s) to be performed. The second way is a more advanced one where the user is given access to...
  18. P

All sold!!
  19. P

Front hub brand?

I have 2 brand new Ford/Motorcraft ones I’ll sell you. They are what Ford calls ‘high level service design’...the part number is GM2Z-1104-E or NHUB-6. List price at your dealer is $324.20 each. I will ship them to your door for $195.00 each...they are $205.00 on Amazon. I don’t have a 4th gen...
  20. P

Whoever ordered it chose Pecan/Black seat leather...yea, it wasn’t our taste... So after I showed it to my wife (who had absolutely no idea that I was even looking at Explorers for her) ...she wasn’t a big fan. I told my GM what she said, and he tells me that they can just change the...
  21. P

Well...ladies (if any) and gentlemen...my wife and I traded in the 2007 this thread was based on for a 2012 Limited with about 55k less miles last night. The ‘07 was nice, but starting to show it’s age, and I wanted her to have a new(er) vehicle...plus the general manager at my work gave us a...
  22. P

Exhaust Questions

Maybe you should just use a aftermarket cat-back system.
  23. P

RF CV Shaft Replacement

I have a brand new right front Motorcraft one still in the box I'll sell you...I actually have both sides. List price at the dealer is $694.75 each...I'll do both for $600 shipped or make me an offer.
Back