Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Anti Theft Light Flashing On Dash , Car wont start.

Yeah I have searched all of those too and then some. From what I understand from the ford mechanic I have to find the starter interupt relay and ground the light green and purple wire, but I'm starting to wonder if hes fibbing or if the relay exsist cause I havn't been able to find it. I'll keep...
  2. P

I took it to the dealer two days ago and thats what they said was it was a module problem and according to them they can't get it. So now what I am doing is finding a way to by pass it there has to be a way without spending anymore money. Its just a manner of finding the right wires and running...
  3. P

anti theft light is blinking really fast when the key is in the on position
  4. P

yep I'm using the original pcm, original wiring harness all the original sensors, and injectors all of which worked on the old engine, the old engine had a rod and wrist pin that were slapping and would not maintain oir pressure which is the reason for the swap. I didn't expect to have this...
  5. P

Ok guys this has turned out to be more fun then a barrel of monkeys filled with whiskey. Finally gave up took my ranger to the dealer they tell me it is a pats problem and the the pats module behind the passenger air bag is bad, now get this according to the dealership the module in my truck...
  6. P

Thanks for answering. I used the cam and crank sensors off the old engine which worked on it and had no starting or running issues other then the knocking. I didn't remove the lower portion of the cam sensor just the top magnetic portion. The injectors have power going to both wires but one of...
  7. P

engine cranks won't start Hello again. Don't know if anyone remembers but I had a lifter issue with my 2000 ranger 4.0. tried replacing the lifters only to find out it had a wrist pin slapping too and would not maintain oil pressure once warmed up. So the solution was to replace the engine with...
  8. P

00 4.0L Ranger valve problems.

Hello nice to find a place where folks can get together and share information. I just recently bought a 2000 ford ranger with a 4.0L V6 in it I knew before I bought it that it had engine noise. I just wondering if anyone else has heard of the 4.0 having valve seat problems or cylinder head...
Back