Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

1994 Explorer XLT Offroad - New Owner

Well im sure you can take the sensor apart, but i wouldn't go to the trouble of trying to swap the electronics just to ended up with two broken sensors :mad: I had to replace my CMP sensor when i first got my ex about 10 years ago, picked up one from the JY and haven't had any issues since...
  2. D

1994 Explorer XLT Offroad - New Owner

My 94 auto ex has 4.56 gears and im running 35s, Yeah there's definitely something off with yours. Before running 35s, i had 31s with the tall gears for about 6 months, never rev higher that 2500 rmps or so to cruise on the highway. Currently at 2k rpms im doing 60mph, at 2250 65 and 2500 70...
  3. D

2019 EF Moab run May 13-19 Discussion thread

That could work, if you decide to go to MOAB let me know. So where do people usually stay? Do you camp out there? What about food? Dont know much about MOAB :banghead:
  4. D

2019 EF Moab run May 13-19 Discussion thread

I would be interested in this event, never been to moab or to any EF event before. Any recommendations as to were to get a place to stay? Also would hope my xlt is good enough for some trails, currently on 35" 4.56 with just a rear lsd Wonder if @Brian1 is going, maybe hell be able to give me...
  5. D

Correct set of wheel Bearings?

Well the key itself isnt magnetic, but you would use a small magnet to pull it out
  6. D

yes thats the guide i was talking about. TTB (twin traction beam) is the correct axle for your ex so the bearing and seals you were looking at are correct. I highly recommend doing a brake job while you are at it. Also the key way that locks the bearing nut can sometimes be finicky to remove...
  7. D

What @Blue m&m said, dont forget the wheel seals, other then than that its pretty straight foward. ive taken mine on and off a few times now (have a 93 ranger with auto hubs) and manual hubs are the easiest. Follow the write up in the how to section and you shouldnt have any issues.
  8. D

I just replaced mine along with other parts a few days ago. didnt get timkens as i couldnt find them locally, used instead National A37 i believe, inner and outer where the same, bearings came with races. No issues so far and im running 35" tires
  9. D

My 1992 2 door jeep killer build

awesome build dude congrats!! Looking into that solo kit myself and will probably pull the trigger on that soon. Whats the part number on those deaver leafs?
  10. D

For Sale Moog TTB Ball Joints NEW

ill take the joints
  11. D

For Sale HD Motor Mounts

How much for all 3 shipped to 87114?
  12. D

Replacing A/C condenser and thinking about installing aux trans cooler... but

I am almost 100% positive that the system is bleed properly and the sending unit works just fine. Will check my fan clutch, it's still under warranty so that's good. As far as checking the fan, the way I remember to check it would be to get the truck up to running temp, then idle for a bit at...
  13. D

Yes new fan clutch was installed when I did the water pump earlier this year along with new fan, stock shroud is still there
  14. D

I wasnt worried about that when i first installed it, but now it seems like it might be cutting down on air flow a bit. Current outside temps are hitting close to 100F and will probably get a bit hotter in the next month or so, driving around with the A/C on it works perfect, needle on the...
  15. D

I installed the bigger cooler and remote filter on my X a bit ago, and yes the lines flow thru the radiator, you can see then on the drivers side of the radiator, if i remember correctly this is how i set mine up, from the cooler line the transmission out line, well call this "hot" fluid, runs...
  16. D

a port on the trans itself? i dont think i have ever looked
  17. D

Thanks Nate, thats what im leaning towards, a single Hayden 15x10" cooler, im thinking also in the near future adding a trans temp gauge, will probably find some sort of T and add it to the hot line out of the trans, dont think i want to remove and tap the oil pan for that
  18. D

Since my last trip was awesome, been thinking of doing it more often, now my companion enjoyed it too except for the fact that the X does not have a working A/C system, to keep her happy i went ahead and bought a full A/C kit, which includes the compressor, condenser, dryer and some other random...
  19. D

First wheeling trip, a success!!!

Thanks a lot, im running the bfg ko2 31x10.5 on 15" wheels, suspension is mostly stock, installed extended shackles and add-a-leaf in the read when i first got it, 7 years ago, front is completely stock aside from the warn hubs. So no lift, thought about undoing my sway to get a bit more travel...
  20. D

Here's a couple of pics from the weekend https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1j23U23JtY1MGpkaWM5Ul9Oemc/view?usp=sharing https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1j23U23JtY1Mmxmb1NWVmZKYmM/view?usp=sharing https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1j23U23JtY1Tk1KeDNiUTZWSnc/view?usp=sharing...
  21. D

Noob "off roader" if you can call it, last Sunday was my first time taking the X out and about, as i said earlier it has been my daily for the past years, needing some work i decided this year to start fixing some stuff on it, i did most of the maintenance and finally fixed the 4x4, installed...
  22. D

Power Window Bushing Replacement

thanks, but i was able to find the Help kits for about $7, figure that was worth it
Back