Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

What Brand Plugs and Wires?

Is any one useing the taylor spiro-pro wires on there SOHC. I would like to use these. does anyone have a site where they sell them. Ive been looling for a while now and cant find them for the SOHC. thanks
  2. S

Bulldog remote start

and you had to use the 791 bypass right?
  3. S

Bulldog remote start

Hey guys, what model are you all using for the remote start. how much does this system cost? I cant find price on the site.
  4. S

how could I mount subs on the roof?

Thanks for the reply. It sounds like a good idea, but I know its not. who knows I might try it one day. whats MDF?
  5. S

how could I mount subs on the roof?

I had to revive this thread. I am realy interested in mounting the subs to the cieling but the few post I read in my search says its not a good idea. Is there a way I could do it so I have more room in my truck for my spare and still have it sound good. The post from 93redbeast shows a setup...
  6. S

Got a new Stock HU, now my suns wont bump

UPDATE::: Well, i dumped the old amp and bought a new lightning audio 600 watt 2ch amp. last night I tried to hook it up 2 different ways. 1) +- from right and left to a convertor then a/c plugs to the amp. that produced bass but still was not getting the whole rang of bass. sooo 2)then I...
  7. S

Need pics of front bumpers (2nd gen) custom or not

Hey Doc, nice bumper bar thing you got there. Who is the maker of that bumper. It looks nice and light. Thats something I would be interested in. Are you going to paint it? and if you dont mind (how much do they run?)
  8. S

1998 Sport Lifted on 33's

Hey man nice truck. I't looks awesome rith those rims. Good chioce on tires too. lets see it muddy:)
  9. S

34x10.50?

I cant help with your question, but can you tell me were you found SSwampers for that price, Im looking for tires too.
  10. S

rim swap...quick question

Thats what I thought. Just wanted to be sure. thanks
  11. S

rim swap...quick question

Hey everyone, whats up. got a question. Will the first generation rims fit with no problms on a 2nd generation expo. Im sure this is a stupid question, but you never know. Thanks for the help. :D
  12. S

Ford Explorer 98 from Switzerland

Hey man, Welcome to the best explorer site ever!!! I looked at all your pics. They are great. You have done a good job on your truck, I love the air compressor. What kind is it? Your country looks beautiful. I would love to go camping there like you all did. Whats the weather like there...
  13. S

Ok, I had a friend look at the system and he determined that the sub and amp are still in working condition, He believes the convertor (for the AC wires) between the back 2 speakers and the amp has gone bad some how. Im gonna get a new one next week when I get paid and hopefully everything will...
  14. S

Thanks for the feedback, I think I might of found something. Do you have any idea what could be wrong if I put the ballance on full left and the sub makes a little bass, and then I put the ballance on full right and that sub dosent produce any bass. could it be that the right sub is blown and...
  15. S

Ya, I know jensens kinda suck, I got it real cheap from a friend about a year ago. I'll give your suggestion a try, anything can help at this point. I was thinking about how my remote wire is connected. maybe I should conect it somewhere else besides conecting it to the radio fuse. what...
  16. S

Ive got an update, I looked up on jensen.com and found out that the protection light is not suposed to be on, so now im realy lost, hopefully the amp is not blown and its just something with the new radio. thanks for all the help everyone. my quest continues....
  17. S

yep, thats the radio I have. I just went out to my truck on my lunch break and opened up my amp. It didnt have an extra fuse. I also read the info on the Quick reference page and now understand a little more. RDS seems pretty cool. I had never turned it on because I didnt know what it was...
  18. S

I agree with it having a spot for a third connector but my truck didnt come with the sub in the back, I have the storage space in the back right, im talking about my two 10's that I put in myself. Do you know what RDS stands for? I think it does have that button om my radio. PLans for...
  19. S

realy, a fuse inside. I guess I will be ripping it apart tonight. The fuse on the outside is ok, but never thought about a fuse inside. thanks jim.
  20. S

Hmmmmm, Would the radio actually say MACH on the face plate? because it dosent. Carmax just replaced the stock HU with the same model that was there to begin with. On the back of the radio there are only 2 conectors(groupings of wires) that conect to the radio. I dont see why they would of...
  21. S

I guess that could be a possabilitie, Im gonna check it when I get off of work in 3 hours. I geuss I should turn that freq down if that is whats cuaseing it. I was trying to tweek it last night by playing with the gain and the other 2 nobs. but I couldnt get it to bump. The subs make a minimal...
  22. S

Got a new Stock HU, now my subs wont bump First of all I am very uneducated about electrical stuff, so my wording might be incorrect for certain things. I will try my best to explain my problem in an understanding way. thanks for the help. So heres the situation, I was having a problem...
  23. S

How many of you have replaced your Auto trans?

My dads 97 xlt has 180,000+ and hasent had a problem. good maintenence.
  24. S

98 explorer noises (2)

OK sorry, Im not realy going to be much help with ohv. Ive only had the SOHC. good luck to ya, hope it all turns out ok.
  25. S

98 explorer noises (2)

Ive owned 2 98's maybe I can help. Is the airplane sound that you mentioned coming from the under the hood? This noise could be coming from your IAC (idle air contrl) Do you have the SOHC engine?
Back