Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

biggest wheel on stock 98 explorer?

does anyone know what the biggest size tire is that will fit without rubbing the fender w/ 16 inch rims on the 98 4WD explorer (i want to put 31's;))
  2. E

98 Ford Explorer GEM Module.

i do have an after market stereo that i installed, it was checked and was not the problem. i will look at other fuses though
  3. E

any suggestions on other things to check for? until last week i had never herd of a GEM module
  4. E

could moisture from a cracked windshield or something cause the GEM to fail. or is it possible for moisture to reach there?
  5. E

i have not looked on ebay, i looked at a salvage yard.
  6. E

i believe i can get one for under $20 at a salvage yard w/ warranty. that would be worth trying if it does not require reprogramming?!?
  7. E

the shop told me it would be close to $500 dollars to change. why so much. how much does the part cost itself?
  8. E

hevyg if you are taking about the factory amp that is in the passenger side panel in the trunk, i dont have one. but i do have an amp i installed with my subs (they checked that and said it was not the problem).
  9. E

the GEM. my car was put in the shop for a electrical problem. the fuse for the transmission was constantly blowing (fixed that). but while they were there they noticed the battery problem and went ahead and found it for me. i told them to hold off on fixing it, i figured i could try doing it myself
  10. E

my 98 explorer has a major drain on the battery, but it is not consistent. I took it to the shop to diagnose and they said it could be a bad connection in the GEM module. How do i change out the GEM module and about how much would it cost in parts?
  11. E

98 Sport 1st gear Trans Problem Help

Trasmission Problem? i have recently had a problem with shifting into 1st gear and overdrive. Last week the problem was fixed by replacing a fuse. now i have a different problem, now i cannot go into any gear but 2nd, including reverse, if i do shift into another gear my car will start whining...
Back