Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

going crazy here

Me again, Well, guys $1600.00 spent and I still have an explorer that loses RPM and dies only in reverse. Does anyone have a clue as to what this could be? Would an IAC valve be the problem? Help!
  2. J

Explorer stalls when put in reverse

My explorer has 80,000 miles maybe 81,000 it has been locked in four wheel drive twice -- been drove by a woman for almost all of the 80,000. My husbands buddy put the torque convertor in because we took it to a ford dealer and they charged me 65 bucks to hook it up to a computer and to tell me...
  3. J

It just dies when I give it gas, sometimes if I just barely give it gas it will make it. As for the Isuzu , a guy I work with bought one and the price makes it tempting. I love my Explorer and always said i would buy another one - but not so sure now. I really can't complain about mine, it...
  4. J

explorer driving me nuts Does anyone have a clue as to what else I could try for my explorer. When in reverse on a slope/incline and you does have to give it gas it rolls fine. If you barely give it gas in reverse on flat ground it is sorta iffy with some hesitation - but if you give it gas...
  5. J

ok guys I put in a new torque convertor and guess what -- it still dies in reverse. I was going to keep it another year but I think I will find it another home and buy me something else -- any suggestions on what to buy -- my husband swears by Fords - but i am thinking of maybe an isuzo rodeo .
  6. J

I haven't noticed the RPM's on the highway..but now my overdrive light has started flashing on and off. I have parked it for now, don't want to any more damage. Alot of people have suggested the idle control valve. Some seem to think it may be the torque convertor...I am totally at a lost...
  7. J

Hey All, Last week my EX dies while backing out of a parking lot, nothing major I thought. Now it dies everytime I put it in reverse. I took it to a ford dealer and they say replace torque convertor and overhaul transmission. I thought I would notice some slipping if this was the...
Back