Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

U joint replacement?

thanks wood, search is not my friend!
  2. E

U joint replacement?

Has anyone ever had to replace theirs? If so what were your symptoms? I have a feeling I have to replace the rear and will most likely do the front at the same time. Any time I've replaced them before I've always replaced with heavy duty u joints (back when I took trucks off road) in this...
  3. E

02 xlt best strut/shock replacement?

thanks prodigy, looks like thats going to be the ticket if I don't find a trade sooner than I can buy them.
  4. E

02 xlt best strut/shock replacement?

I almost traded in my xlt for a newer more expensive rig, and made the right decision to keep my truck and have almost no car payment.......... That being said, there are many things to do this winter. Looking to replace the shocks and struts all around, for mainly on road conditions. I...
  5. E

rear diff or wheel bearing

Hoping for some good news from someone here. I have the 60-65 mph whine on my 02 and its going in tommorow. I have a long trip a month from now and want to get rid of whatever the problem is before I need a 500 mile tow. What Im wondering is, has anyone had the whine ever turn out to be low...
  6. E

new struts?

So I have suspension problems.......... I don't have any cracks that are common on the springs, but when I go over bumps (all the time with out AWESOME roads in the northeast) I get a bumping sound. It reminds me of a motor mount thats shot or non existent. Question is, do I just get new...
  7. E

Electrical problem. Please help!

drum, you may have a bad door ajar sensor, I just had to replace mine. Lock all you doors with the windows open, set the alarm, manually unlock each door (one at a time) and open, if the alarm doesn't go off, you found the door with the problem. If its a door sensor, its easy as pie to...
  8. E

How To: Fix the Door Ajar Problem

I just did mine a few days ago, I had a bad sensor rather than a wire break, but pretty much had to pull all the same parts. Was done in less than 20 minutes. great write up
  9. E

Stock Alarm problem, need help

ordered the part from silver state ford, they sent the right one, thank god. Thanks again for the write and pictures, took less than 20 minutes to do and it solved the door ajar problem as well as the alarm problem. E
  10. E

2005 XLT HU Install

yep, not the greatest picture in the world...... http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268559
  11. E

2005 XLT HU Install

Looks good, mine was just as easy, whats up with the resistor on the remote wire? and did you have to use the dash kit? Mine came with one, but the unit fit in factory flush without it.
  12. E

How many feet of 1/0 gauge wire do I need for big 3 upgrade?

stupid question I'm curious as to what yall are talking about with the "big 3" I know its one part alternator second stupid question would be why would you need all that unless your running multiple amps/ quad12s?
  13. E

easy squeak fix

anyone have any write ups or pictures of replacing the bushings?
  14. E

Who has actually had good service from an '02 Explorer.

I had to defend why I bought mine a couple months ago. You are only going to read about problems, no one has a website that talks about how good vehicles are. I have only had minor issues with mine which is no big deal, door sensor, rear hatch (cosmetic) otherwise its a great truck. I wonder...
  15. E

???? on wiring new head unit in 99 Expo XLT

ehhh, screw that, do the radio while you wait for the rear end. The rear end doesn't do anything for you when the truck is just sitting anyway. At least with the radio you can watch dvds in your driveway. Handsdown a dd dvd player is the best thing I've ever put in any of my vehicles.
  16. E

???? on wiring new head unit in 99 Expo XLT

they don't get used, don't you love how they do that?
  17. E

Dear Snow

This is destined to be a classic thread, too frikkin funny. Good to hear you won the wedding package, I voted for you when I saw it. Keep the replies coming, heres one off the top of my head. dear x6stringerx My condolences on the recent spat with snowy road conditions, I did the...
  18. E

2000 Ford Explorer Custom Paint with Lots of Pictures

yep, incredible job on the paint, love the skulls. Drop it (not much) new headlights, tail lights (DON'T DO THE GAY EUROS!) and that will be a stand out truck.........even though it is allready. Nice job. theres nothing wrong with paying the right price for the right job as proven with the...
  19. E

Bed liner???

I would think 3 gallon cans should do it, depends on how thick of a layer you want on there. start to finish, could probably be done in a weekend, will def have to sit in a garage or full sun for a dry day. If it was me, I would do a prep weekend (most important part) then the next weekend...
  20. E

Air bag light on?

My airbag light came on the other day and after a search on here I found the wire harness under the passenger seat and drivers seat. I unhooked them both, hit them with the air gun, plugged them back in, airbag light off.
  21. E

Bed liner???

depends on how "nice" you want it to look. Plastics are easy, sand them down, clean them, adhesion promoter, paint. Metal is a different story. I would think you need to at least pull off the clear coat with a light sanding ALL OVER. Then use some kind of metal cleaner to pull any excess...
  22. E

Bed liner???

First off, I would say don't go with a "cheap" brand. Herculiner works great, but not the cheapest. Your probably going to need 3 big cans at least. Def going to have to prep the truck. Bedliner is NOTORIOUS for not sticking to any surface that isn't prepared right. It will go on fine, but...
  23. E

smoother ride

We have some pretty horrible roads around here and Im looking for a smoother ride when going over bumps. Im assuming replacing the stock shocks should at least help the problem out a little bit. I checked all my springs for the notorious crack and everything looks okay. Def do not want to...
  24. E

subwoofer enclosure suggestions

Yeah I looked through some stuff today. It looks like I may be able to build one after all, It will be the only way I can get the "console" look I'm after. I'm certainly not going to be entering any sound competitions. I hate to have to go from 2 12s to one, but with the size constraints, it...
  25. E

subwoofer enclosure suggestions

wish I had the skills and know how, I can install systems ALL day long, but building, not my strong suit. From what I've seen with DIY boxes, if theyre not done correctly they sound like ****
Back